Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Blanket Bounties.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok, so as some of you might know, I hate Blanket Bounties, I hate everything about them.

Tell me, how is it fair to put a bounty on an entire faction?

I don't mean putting a bounty on a specific faction of an NPC faction.

For example, putting a bounty on all official BHG| tagged ships is fine in my opinion, but putting a bounty on the entire BHG Guild, meaning anyone with a Bounty Hunter ID is victim of this bounty, that I see as unfair and I think it breaks rule 0.0.

I say it breaks rule 0.0 because if you look at the rule, it says...
Quote:0.0 Be excellent to one another. Consider the people around you. Keep fair play in mind. It's a game and nothing is gained, or lost, save the experience. Credits can be re-earned. Ammunition replenished. If you become infuriated step away. If you make a mistake apologize. If you wish to remain in system after you die, or after someone has moved away, simply ask.

Fair play, a level head and consideration for others.

Tell me, how is it "fair play" to have a bounty on you as soon as you slap on an ID? You haven't even had a chance to do something worthy of a bounty!

Tell me, how is it "considerate" to place a bounty on an entire faction for something that maybe 2 or 3 people did?

-------------------------------
Now on the opposite end of this discussion, what about the good things Blanket Bounties produce?

Well, they are a way to make money and provide something to do I suppose, but at the cost of what? Fair play and sportsmanship?
Oh, well I guess they add to RP don't they? Well, not really. If Freelancer was real, everyone in that faction would hunt for and kill whoever placed that bounty, the bounty placer would be killed and the bounty would end with that.
------------------------------
Guys, think about it, if Blanket Bounties continue to be placed at the rate they are being placed, RP 24/7 is going to become nothing more then a big PvP server, and I know <strike>no one</strike> most of you don't want that.

I won't stop until something is done about all these unfair Blanket Bounties.

Discuss.
I can not entirely agree with you.
It makes perfect sense to me.
Think about it, I hate your kind as they are competitors, or they attack me or any number of reasons.
Why would I limit myself to getting just the ones I have met attacked.
As far as I am concerned they are all like that, may as well have all of them punished.
You have to think like your character, be as close minded as he is, that is what RP is about.
Otherwise it would just be a metagamed, PVP server, and I know you don't want that.
' Wrote:I can not entirely agree with you.
It makes perfect sense to me.
Think about it, I hate your kind as they are competitors, or they attack me or any number of reasons.
Why would I limit myself to getting just the ones I have met attacked.
As far as I am concerned they are all like that, may as well have all of them punished.
You have to think like your character, be as close minded as he is, that is what RP is about.
Otherwise it would just be a metagamed, PVP server, and I know you don't want that.
Yeah, but again, it's not entirely fair to each and EVERY single member of that faction. Also, like I said, at this rate every faction will have a bounty on them, meaning the server becomes more PvP then RP.
However, I see your point and acknowledge it.
I <3 blanket bounties.

If I dislike a corp I put a bounty against it.
I don't pick out each and every single one of the members.
That's just pointless and silly.

Every faction ought to have a bounty against it since inRP, everyone would pay good to see their enemies killed.
Sirius is full of hate and enemies wanting to rip each other's eyeballs out.
With the long list of rules for Mercs now, I think blanket bounties are reasonable.
I don't like it either but I can clearly see the point in it. InRP, it's not 3 or four people who did "it", but it's hundreds. If it's some personal issue, it's the boutied faction's problem and they should ... deal with them problem makers.

It's been around for long and I really haven't noticed any problems. Luckily, most of the people have better things to do then chase bounties.

The rule 0.0 covers just that you really should hunt a gunboat with 10 bombers and 5 fighters.

One more thing: please stop making 'revolutionary' and 'suggestive' threads. Thank you.
Meh. Gives mercs something to do, and the new rule about stating who -exactly- is employed cuts down on the random attacks of opportunity. Limiting blanket bounties to being on faction members only, severely limits the intended effects, given that most....all groups have more independents than faction tagged players
' Wrote:I <3 blanket bounties.

If I dislike a corp I put a bounty against it.
I don't pick out each and every single one of the members.
That's just pointless and silly.

Every faction ought to have a bounty against it since inRP, everyone would pay good to see their enemies killed.
Sirius is full of hate and enemies wanting to rip each other's eyeballs out.
Schrodinger's PvP Playground. Enough said...
Well PVP does not automaticly exclude RP, often it helps it along.

But I too can see that everyone has enemies and as such there would be a lot of bounties floating around.
I mean as a Samura I have more than one blanket bounty on me at any one time.
But that is the price I pay for flying their banner proudly.

It would be silly to think that someone would not be after me for what my bosses have done to aggrevate them.
I am partly responsible for that as I support them by wearing that ID.

Besides as BHG players may only attack people wearing a bounty, we have to provide them with some targets... a sacrifice I am willing to make, by placing more bounties.
Have to give them some of the freedom of the other IDs somehow.
I don't like the way blanket bounties are used to be honest but thats got as much to do with certain ID's as anything else.
Sadly I just have to live with it.
That doesn't mean I disagree with them per se. On the whole, I think it's right. I just don't like the way it's applied through ID's and I see it as a cheap excuse to PvP, the RP having already been done for you in the blanket bounty.
When you are a pirate, everyone else is a potential bounty. In itself, thats reasonable. Why?
Because everyone else knows it and is willing to give you a kicking.
When you are a bounty hunter, anyone outside of the law (within certain restrictions) should be potential $$$$$$.
Thats reasonable because they are fairly obviously tagged and any criminal will know they are going to get a fight.

The unlawful version of a BH should be the pirates themselves. Not someone using a blanket bounty to fight anywhere in the name of someone else they can't be arsed to RP.

Pages: 1 2 3 4