Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Taking disco into other games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, I remember seeing a thread like this a while ago, and it got me thinking: Why not hold events on other online games? I just picked up Halo CE for the PC, it would be great for events. It would bring a new aspect of the community. I realize that not everyone would go out and buy a whole new game just for this. So, events could be hosted on different games depending on what the participants own. Factions could also have that on their application page. Example: do you have any experience with HALO combat training?
Discuss.
For a second here, I thought you meant you were leaving Discovery and taking Bear with you.

Anyway, it's been considered, and a lot of yockles play stuff together out of game, so it wouldn't be completely outlandish. Go for it if you want.
I fixed it.
But now the joke is gone. :(
Well, anyway, do you think the weapons and armor of Halo could fit into discovery lore? Of course, ignoring the enormous ring in the sky.
Halo = for XBOX, not crappily ported to the PC
Halo = incompatible with Discovery in its entirety
Discovery likes originality, at least that's what the devs/admins want.

It's all down to the whole "IF THEY HAVE IT WE CAN'T" argument, or similarly the "NO IMPORTS" one.

There won't be anything official using other games simply because it means people need to go buy that game.

Games that are for free may fit but it's unlikely.

If you organise a battle with another faction on another game that's grand, just don't expect all of Disco to do it.
It'd be neat to have a whole bunch of people that have some specific FPS roleplay a planetary invasion. But then again, anything that would be half-decent for that purpose would cost monies. Something many people here, especially myself, do not have. Nice idea, though.
A Disco clan would work, but not keeping it tied in RP with actual Disco. >_>