Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cargo Pods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so I have seen the wiki articles and etc. for them and seen players and npcs use them but have no idea what they actually do. The wiki seems to suggest they have a very broad use but so far as I can tell they do nothing but look good and break separately from the ship. What are they for? Do they actually increase your cargo space or what?

<I havn't actually used them myself so sorry if the answer is evident to transport pilots I just couldn't find anything referring to their use on the forums or wiki.>
Cargo.

They infact do absolutely nothing. They just fill the space that is given on the ships that look better with them equiped. It would probably be better to take them off, as it would make a smaller target when your shield is down.
They eat supernovas.
They take damage separately from your hull and give you a small amount of customisation for ships that can use them.
They're awesome to use as shields, It's always funny to watch a pirates SNAC hit the pod. You don't die. (You still have to buy a new one though)
Essentially, as has been pointed out, they do these things;

a) Nothing
b) Fill in the holes where there should be cargo pods
c) Can take a small amount of damage that would normally be destined for your ship
d) Are seemingly able to take the full damage of a SNAC (Super Nova Antimatter Cannon) and allow you to survive at the cost of a cargo pod.
e) Make your ship look different.

There you have it a nutshell. Basically useless except for very basic ship defence.

It doesn't really help against 'More experienced' Pirates, as they'll most definitely stay on your Ass or Snac you in the Face if you're in a Train, cause they've already Snaced enough Cargo pods off to realize trying to SN a Train from the side is kinda pointless.

If you ask me, they're there only for Looks and nothing else... But they give you good enough RP opportunities nonetheless. You can use Yellow Pods if you're moving Plutonium or Toxic waste around, White or Drab if hauling Liquid or Gas, and so on.
I didn't know you could use them as distractions, nice.

Maybe they should have special functions too? Such as increase hull points or power at the cost of cargo space.

' Wrote:I didn't know you could use them as distractions, nice.

Maybe they should have special functions too? Such as increase hull points or power at the cost of cargo space.
That's called an armor upgrade =/
' Wrote:That's called an armor upgrade =/

I'm aware of armour upgrades, make cargo pods give small armour bonuses so they become poor man's armour upgrades.

Pages: 1 2