Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Posting Anonymous?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sometimes People don't wish to post with their actual Forum Name. Especially when posting a Bounty. What about enabling an Option that you can post anonymous in the Roleplay Section of the Forums?

Creating a new Forum Account is not always a good Option and it would make roleplay easier, because you don't know who that Guy you are writing with is. Because of Grudges and Hate and Garbage like that.
Try this:
[Image: PaperBagHead.jpg]

Works well for me.
' Wrote:Sometimes People don't wish to post with their actual Forum Name. Especially when posting a Bounty. What about enabling an Option that you can post anonymous in the Roleplay Section of the Forums?

Creating a new Forum Account is not always a good Option and it would make roleplay easier, because you don't know who that Guy you are writing with is. Because of Grudges and Hate and Garbage like that.
Sorry, not going to happen. There is no such function in IPB as far as I can see, nor is there a mod for IPB that extends IPB to have such a function.

The only "anonymous post" function available in IPB is to allow guests to post. And you should be able to figure out why that is not a good idea to enable.

A & L Guy
' Wrote:The only "anonymous post" function available in IPB is to allow guests to post. And you should be able to figure out why that is not a good idea to enable.

A & L Guy

Is there not a function which allows only registered users with a predetermined amount of posts to post in "guest" mode?
Rofl pipboy, you got it.

A lot of players here got already multiple 'smurf' accounts so why do you even ask schlurbi?

: You can write a hack but the IPB is just another derivative of UBB.
Because I wouldn't want a second Forum Account. Anyway, A&L Guy already said it's not possible with that Forum. Unfortunately.
perhaps forgo identifiers like avatar and signature and let your posts identify your characters.
' Wrote:Try this:
[Image: PaperBagHead.jpg]

Works well for me.

[Image: you_cant_see_me_tshirt-p235232287350854096qw9y_400.jpg]

' Wrote:[Image: you_cant_see_me_tshirt-p235232287350854096qw9y_400.jpg]
Powergaming