Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: McFly in open space...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys!

First of all I have to say that i am totally knocked down. There are still people out there that are still keen in playing Freelancer - a game that came a long long way. I think Microsoft (although they cancelled the following project and who knows, maybe for the better) could not know what an epic piece of art they created. A game that successfully combines so many features, provides dynamics and uncountable opportunities in single and multi player mode and, of course, a retrieving atmosphere by its music, sounds, graphics, characters and passion to detail.
But let us rather the developer team be credited with that great achievements. This video shows the "behind the scenes" of Freelncer (for those of you who haven´t seen it yet):

youtube - Feelancer "behind the scenes"

And now, after 7 years I played Freelancer for the first time, I finally found you!!!
Again I have to say it is great to see how much work the modders and how much effort you guys are putting in the RP part to keep this world vital and alive.

I arrived at the Disco-world several days ago and most of the time I am here reading in the forum. Don´t get me wrong, I love to absorb your creativity in stories, character biographies and even signatures. The way of interacting in the forum and ingame is very inspirational. I wouldn´t be surprised if scfi authors use this as a scource as you guys are offering tons of material already. And it is still growing.
Just yesterday, during my normal patrol through the Rheinland space, someone told me of an online magazine that started recently to inform about the latest news in Sirius.

Brilliant!

And as I say, there are loads of things I have to come up with and my flying skills are a bit out of practice (so is my English) but it is good to be here.

Hope to see you guys somewhere out there!

McFly over and out.
I couldn't agree more with you!

I am new to this mod of epic proportions myself and was astonished by all the content!

Welcome to Discovery, hope you enjoy yourself!:)
Always good to see new people which like RP. your english seems good as I can tell.

I hope you like it here !

And enjoy !
Hmmm.I have good feelings about this one.Welcome aboard
I hope you'll like ti in here.Have fun
Mr Fly! I already like you. Welcome amongst. See you out there!
MCFLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Sup.
Welcome to the cool pilots club and have fun!
Hey there dude! Welcome to Disco! Find a room you like, unpack your bags, and enjoy the stay!

:)
Welcome to Discovery!
First, Nice First Post, and thanks for that link to Tube! And then, I like your writing style and your English is completely fine:PHope to see you in Space!

Also, Although I've got a feeling you have already checked this links, but;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Community & Forum Rules
    - Aside from this link, there are certain rules for each Sub-Forum as well. You can find those in pinned threads of each Sub-forum.
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
If you have any questions, or need help, You can always contact anyone from This List,
And when In Game, You can always look for people with [The_Angel] Tag, They are always glad to help.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, Don't be afraid to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)