Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dragon Age 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I heard this is being released this year, anyone going to be buying it?
Definatly, loved the first one, huge fan of Baldurs Gate aswell. I'll get it.
' Wrote:Definatly, loved the first one, huge fan of Baldurs Gate aswell. I'll get it.

Just gone to their website, says march next year meh

I just finished it for the first time. Was epic.

http://social.bioware.com/playerprofile.ph...na_id=216009002

My City Elf, she romanced Lelianna
While the first one was good I'm rather unimpressed by what I saw and what I read about sequel. First of all there were contradictory statements regarding presence of mods on PC version, needless to say it resulted in fierce wave of negative responses across gaming sites. Then they're saying combat will be more action-oriented and along with that top-down view camera mode goes off. Frankly I want Dragon Age be what it was meant to be, a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate. Although how much it was successful in that is arguable, but nevertheless I really don't want sequel to be like Mass Effect in fantasy setting, but that's what it likely going to be I'm afraid. Current dialogue system apparently gets replaced with the one from Mass Effect. By the looks of it the whole game going to be dumbed down by a noticeable margin. Just as I was thinking good of a sequel they make public statements one worse than another. My interest towards it gradually went from :D to D:
Its nowhere near Baldur's Gate but still a fun game, the first few hours were great, then it became... dull.

Mass Effect II was Bioware's "This is it!" title. I hope they can get the same spritiual succession with Dragon Age II.

There is also a GREAT rumor wandering around that Bioware and Obsidian are FINALLY starting to work on Baldur's Gate III.
' Wrote:While the first one was good I'm rather unimpressed by what I saw and what I read about sequel. First of all there were contradictory statements regarding presence of mods on PC version, needless to say it resulted in fierce wave of negative responses across gaming sites. Then they're saying combat will be more action-oriented and along with that top-down view camera mode goes off. Frankly I want Dragon Age be what it was meant to be, a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate. Although how much it was successful in that is arguable, but nevertheless I really don't want sequel to be like Mass Effect in fantasy setting, but that's what it likely going to be I'm afraid. Current dialogue system apparently gets replaced with the one from Mass Effect. By the looks of it the whole game going to be dumbed down by a noticeable margin. Just as I was thinking good of a sequel they make public statements one worse than another. My interest towards it gradually went from:Dto D:
"Do you want to do a renegade option without any chance of the NPC saying something surprising and/or amazing? ME1/2 Is the game for you! And soon to be DA: O 2! Because we think the people buying our games are retarded, everything gets dumbed down!"

My impression of it anyway. When I first played DA: O and I thought I said something smart, Loghain rubbed it in my face, turned it around and kicked my ass with words at the landsmeet. Leaving me O.o. Now though, I think that will be gone. "Press the red or blue for an amazing action that in now way will leave you baffled!"

Another thing that made me go FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF was the fact that they took out the "choose your race " option. You're a Human! Deal with it! No more fun playing as the elf that gets racism thrown at him or her around every corner, or the dwarf that looks down upon everything (irony, I know.) Nope, you're a Human. Supposedly the made up for this with "more choices down the storyline", but I have my doubts.

I'll most likely get it. But buying it before I'm sure it's good just because it's bioware and DA? No.
I loved the first one, and from the way the previews are going, I expect bad things, which is a shame. I'll probably still get it as I was so impressed with the first one, and I hope it's better than people are saying:(
To be sincere, if it is reviewed with suspicious attitude, I guess it is a good game. if the popular approach is somewhat unhappy, I guess I will like the game...

For f's sake, no more "boom baam easy boss daieeeee yeaaooww" type of games, at least NO RPG games like that...
Nope! I felt the first to be a grind-fest. I certainly won't buy the second. I hate it when you take up blood magic and no one notices. And I won't buy into games that lack immersion.
' Wrote:Nope! I felt the first to be a grind-fest. I certainly won't buy the second. I hate it when you take up blood magic and no one notices. And I won't buy into games that lack immersion.
There were a few mods that fixed that, thank god. I'm using them. At the end of the circle tower quest, Wynne, the Knight commander or the first enchanter will confront you about your "fighting style". If you play your cards right, you'll end up with no circle or templar allies.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5