Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can't Access Servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
About six months ago, I stopped playing Discovery so as to pursue other interests. Those interests have failed to pan out, and so I have decided to come back to Discovery. However, during the meantime, I was forced to reinstall Windows XP on my computer and, by extension Freelancer and Discovery.

Now, for whatever reason, I cannot find any of the Discovery servers. Nothing on my computer has been changed (at least, not to my knowledge) and I have tried everything I can think of. I've installed the server workaround patch, the normal v1.1 Freelancer patch, different versions of FLMM, and even new network protocols. So far, nothing has worked, and I am stumped.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be eternally grateful if you would post them here. Thanks in advance!
Did you... patch disco?

After trying all that, I highly recommend reinstalling FL and disco, that's a heck of a lot of possible corruption there.
Freelancer v1.1 is unofficial and not needed according to my knowledge.

- Try to re-install Freelancer,
- Activate the mod,
- Let it do it's updates,
- And don't forget to add freelancer to your firewall exceptions.
- Should be working at this point.
' Wrote:Freelancer v1.1 is unofficial and not needed according to my knowledge.
1.1 is official, but Discovery already includes it.

Quantum Phychosis, use this tutorial: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44642
' Wrote:1.1 is official, but Discovery already includes it.

Quantum Phychosis, use this tutorial: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44642

Yup you are right my bad.;)
Thank you for the suggestions, but I have already reinstalled Freelancer and Discovery three times now. It is only after I try them after a fresh install that I attempt to use other methods. So, I do not believe file corruption is the cause for the problem, and I have tried the tutorial. In fact, I am currently reinstalling Discovery on a fresh install of Freelancer using FLMM 1.31 rather than 1.4, so perhaps that will work. In the event it does not, I would appreciate any more help you might be willing to offer. Thanks again!
Using FLMM 1.31 instead of 1.4 will almost certainly fix it.
Alright, looks like it did not work after all. It occurred to me that I did, in fact, change one thing on my computer, though I don't know whether it would be relevant or not. I removed my old 160GB hard drive and put in a 1.5TB hard drive. I can't imagine why that would cause Freelancer to not work, but there you have it.

Oh, and one more thing that might be relevant: Freelancer.exe does not shut down by itself anymore, after I exit Freelancer, I have to go into the Task Manager and end the process manually. If I don't do this, then Freelancer won't start back up.

Again, thanks for the help.
' Wrote:Alright, looks like it did not work after all. It occurred to me that I did, in fact, change one thing on my computer, though I don't know whether it would be relevant or not. I removed my old 160GB hard drive and put in a 1.5TB hard drive. I can't imagine why that would cause Freelancer to not work, but there you have it.

Oh, and one more thing that might be relevant: Freelancer.exe does not shut down by itself anymore, after I exit Freelancer, I have to go into the Task Manager and end the process manually. If I don't do this, then Freelancer won't start back up.

Again, thanks for the help.

Maybe you miss some drivers for you computer because of your new Hard drive?
I checked Western Digital and my Orbit automatic update program, but neither of them found any drivers, old or new, for my hard drive. Orbit could not detect any updates for anything else other than my graphics card, which I highly doubt is related to the problem (of course, I'm going to update it anyway). Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Pages: 1 2