Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FIX: Skype "unexpected end tag" error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, a bunch of people I've talked to (including me) have been having issues with a Skype error that says 'unexpected end tag: "b" actual "font"'. Now, it's not a problem, it's just annoying. After a quick google, the solution from the Skype forums stared me in the face. So, I decided to try it out, and it seems to have worked perfectly fine.

Go to "Tools-> Options -> Notification Settings -> Alerts and Messages" and just untick everything. Skype appears to be having a problem with parsing the HTML in its alerts recently, so just disabling them completely fixes it. I've yet to have any errors since.

EDIT: If this doesn't work, you might have to go to "Tools -> Options -> Advanced" and disable "Automatically start Extras".

Also, please note that this isn't a permanent fix. It's merely a workaround until the Skype developers find out what's gone wrong and what they have to do to stop it from happening in total.

Hope this helps everyone having this issue.

Cheers,
--Troy
It works.

Thanks.