Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: No bonus...no diamonds from mining in Omega 11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Trying to mine diamonds in Omega 11. I have all I need to get mining bonus but no minerals found..None..0...

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/437/screen8z.png
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/507/screen9t.png
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/103/screen10x.png

Do I do something wrong or this field is mined from loooooong time ago?

Thanks,
You have to be further in the field, thee part where your ship actually takes damage form the radiation. The closer to the sun, the higher the yield. See the mining area FAQ for more info;)
(I'll add a link in a minute)

EDIT: Link to wiki page: http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?titl...ing_Guide/Areas
Hmm, nope. Looks good to go to me. If you're inside the little circle with that combination of stuff you should be getting decent drops. I'll ask Cannon whats up.
I was having a similar problem with this a week or so back - the side of the field nearest Solarius Station and the route from there to the Stuttgart jumpgate/Dresden hole yielded nothing for me whatsoever. I remembered reading something about "If you're near a base, you're in the wrong place - don't look for the vanilla fields" or something to that effect and circled around to the very far side of the sun. At a guesstimate, looking at the map in the wiki link above, I'd say in the belt around E-5 gave me a steady yield. The further you are from safety the better the drops.

Then again, I did still find things a little odd. I really thought it was just me assuming stuff, but perhaps not after seeing this thread. The first time I found a mining spot here I was seeing incredible drops - Completely filling a hegemon within about 10-20minutes. There was someone already present when I started mining, about 10k away from me.
After filling up on uncut diamonds, flying all the way (via jumpgates, no shortcuts through holes) to New Tokyo and back, I met the same miner having only just finished filling up on ore just about to depart. He'd taken almost 2-3 times as long to mine a full load than I had, so I just figured he'd gone afk or wasn't mining in the same way. I didn't really give it much thought at the time.

Next time I went to mine there, as near as I could remember to where I was before, I found the drops considerably less, taking 2-3 times longer to fill my hold (or so it felt). I was wondering if there were "pockets" of more concentrated rocks here and there.

I really, really thought it was just me being stupid and not noticing how fast/slow time was going during mining. I still think that's the case, but throwing this out there just incase. I'm just being a DiscoNoob'„¢ and looking into stuff that's not there, aren't I?
Are you 100% sure you're mining near the mining bouys in the belt?
Mining near the bouys was something I found only through trial&error - I probably skimmed over that if it was mentioned in the various guides. No one but myself to blame there. It's quite likely that my zero-yield attempts were nowhere near these.

The "differing" yield attempts were both relatively near bouys. The first time I noted that this other miner was sitting at a Bouy, so I settled in ~8-10k away as to not disturb him too much. The second attempt was almost right on a bouy, and seemingly gave me less results through mining.
But please, don't take my word for any of this unless others report similar things. It's really not like I'm experienced at this - I'm probably just talking outta my ass, as they say.
I am able to get decent drops in omega 11, can fill a hegemon in 10 minutes or so. There are in total 5 small circular fields that are marked for drops. try using the center fields likes 2nd, 3rd and 4th and yeah mine near a mining bouy.
I will try again but, if you looked on the images I was in the center of a small circle where I think the yield should exist...
go to field in E6 in omega 11 near the omega 54 Jump hole
I don't know what changed from last night but this morning I was able to mine diamonds for the first time.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2