Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What do they do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What the title says?
What is the use of these i havnt seen any used before so im just wondering?
They have a small range and a really big boom.

If you get what I mean.

Basically you fire it in one direction and after awhile it detonates. It has a huge explosion that damages everything within it.
they fire a "large" ( normal projectile size=1, flak projectile size=75 i think ... but that doesn t tell you much anyway, - think of it as if you fire a razor thats projectile actually is the size of what you see [the bit white ball] - only a razor has a projectile size of 1.. meaning that only the tiny center of the big white ball hits anyway ) projectile that explodes with a shockwave and a little damage. ( little compared to the energy they require )

their range is limited - and the explosion effect mostly cosmetic. - they are meant to create a screen to repell bombers - but fail at that for the larger caps, cause they cannot easily be aimed and have a poor range and projectile speed at a very high energy cost.

however they can effectivly be used to spin missiles out of flight like nova torps, cause battleships got their CD nerft - so they have no chance to shoot down a nova other than firing a flak ( cannons cannot hit a torp, cause the autoaim prevents it )
so theyr really only meant for defence purposes?
to shoot out torpedoes? or very close figters?
You can take them as huge short ranged missile that flies in straight direction and explodes if you touch it or if it reaches its max range...

You can take them as huge short ranged missile that flies in straight direction and explodes if you touch it or if it reaches its max range...
Flak Cannons give Battleships the illusion that they can actually defend themselves against snubcraft :)
so they are there for really no reason?
I have found them very usefuls, just start spamming them when a bomber is near your battleship, don't wait until you see the explosion to fire the second one. Fire many quickly and if the bomber has the guard down, you will get him.

It's like: QQQQQ
1.5 seconds later
Fighter/Bomber has died.
I've found them to actually work really well. Depends on the situation. The range is too small in my opinion. But it works when the nub bombers get too close.
' Wrote:I've found them to actually work really well. Depends on the situation. The range is too small in my opinion. But it works when the nub bombers get too close.

Well i would be one of those bombers then:D
Pages: 1 2 3