Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To whom it may concern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the people that know me well, they most likely know why i can no longer use the skype communication network.

For all of you that don't know why, all you need to know is that i am unable to use it. It's a complicated matter.

I'm trying to use X-fire currently but if i can't figure out how to not make it come up as i turn on my computer, if some one would like to help me with this i would be great full

-Kiori
If you have to secretly use Skype (as I did for awhile), it's not terribly hard to make it so that it doesn't turn on with the computer, hide the shortcut inconspicuously, and make the stuff in "Program Files" invisible.
Use another instant messaging client instead?
' Wrote:For the people that know me well, they most likely know why i can no longer use the skype communication network.

For all of you that don't know why, all you need to know is that i am unable to use it. It's a complicated matter.

I'm trying to use X-fire currently but if i can't figure out how to not make it come up as i turn on my computer, if some one would like to help me with this i would be great full

-Kiori
https://imo.im/

Allows you to use Skype and other IM's via a webbrowser. Might solve your problem.

A & L Guy
Just tried that A&L, works fine.

Though it doesn't seem to have my saved channels.

If you want to stop x-fire starting up when you start your computer, go into start and search "msconfig" and press enter. Go to Startup, find x-fire and untick it, then press apply and OK. That's for Windows.

And shame about you not being able to use Skype anymore.
Thank you TomTomrawr, our solution worked.

And thanks for the info A&LG, i won't be using that now but maybe in the future.

thanks for your help every one ^-^
Add meh on xfire then? D:

Wait, I never use it... :\
' Wrote:https://imo.im/

Allows you to use Skype and other IM's via a webbrowser. Might solve your problem.

A & L Guy

Imo is nice, but as far as I know it doesnt support group chats. Otherwise a great toy.