Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A "Had an idea" ship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: inquisitorset.png]

The main idea came when the first story lines of 4.86 came out. As far as I know, the Council would be stuck in one system or something alike, therefor, they need to have some sort of forward base or outpost .

With the resources they have, the easy way is to refit the ships they already have, in this case, the Redemption Battleship, so it can serv as a mobile base of Operations.

The ship itself is mostly the hull of the Redemption, with the following things "added" to it:
  • Mooring Fixture to the bottom, for supply transports
  • 2 Communication dishes to both sides for long range communications
  • 2 Sensor arrays the two sides to increas it's scanning capabilities
  • A long range sensor on the top of the ship
  • Additional fuel tanks on both side and the bottom of the ship, to extend it's ability to operate in deep space
  • A "tactical sensor" dome to the bottom of the ship ( hardly visible, I'll make renders of that aswell).
  • Fighter docking bay and the bottom (again, not visible from these angles)
  • Extended command bridge area, due to the additional equipment, additional crew is needed, and they need room
Size of it would be exactly like the Redemption, same for the stats, or maybe make it equal to the Valor (armor mostly) , but the model itself could also serve as a "station".

~Oldum

Edit: Sorry Doom for not asking your permission to modify your model, but I just had the idea and started making it:$
it looks awesome, a retrofitted BS, Joy!
i already sayd it to you in skype but...

I like it:D
Brilliant idea.

I reckon the guys in MOD central will be going, "Now why didn't we think of that?" when they see this thread.

Not only only does the idea make sense the concept behind does also.

Good one.

Note: if the third line doesn't make any sense, it's because it's so late hear it's starting to get early. :crazy:
I'd like to see it "damaged" in some parts... like a huge crack in the forward hull. Isolate the rest of it to produce an immovable station, but a stable platform at the same time. Better than just a "seemingly" immovable wreck turned into a base.
council battleship doesn't look like this anymore, you used old model:P

As for idea of Council building this....well their ships are rusty because they can't maintain them properly...so how can they build these new sections...

If this reason is ignored i like idea of base ship...
' Wrote:council battleship doesn't look like this anymore, you used old model:P

As for idea of Council building this....well their ships are rusty because they can't maintain them properly...so how can they build these new sections...

I didn't know the council BS is getting changed, I was only aware of the GRN one getting remade.
Oh well, back to the drawing board then I guess ...
Good work!

*by the way, Oldum also made my sig.
' Wrote:council battleship doesn't look like this anymore, you used old model:P

I hope it won't be fat?:P

Actually if the council has resources to maintain capital ships, they're more then able to bring some of those in full order. They just don't have time to modify all ships, and some Council battleships could be RP'd as defecting Valors, heavily damaged.
Looks epic. Just imagine how it would look finished... O.o
Pages: 1 2 3