Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Idea: Sanction Report Sorters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is an idea for the following new 'members' within administration of the server.

Sanction Report Sorters

The job of these people is to sort out the sanction reports for the current admins, they do not have the ability to carry out sanctions at all. What they do is look into the sanction reports and check if they're within a certain category, for example:
  • Void report - Not enough evidence, spam etc
  • Worth looking into - Needs a 2nd opinion
  • Apply fine
  • Send Warning
  • Apply sanction for ....
Off course those are suggestions and the current admins are still able to check on sanction reports if they so wish. Also I think the 'sorters' should be able to look into server logs to perform some leg work themselves and apply notes to the report for amendment or to speed it up.

In essence the sorters check the sanction reports and add notes to them and make suggestions about what to do with them. This does not add new admins with more powers, keeping security up and its an attempt to give the current admins less time looking through them all themselves.

This idea is placed in the hopes of improving the efficiency of the current sanction system, allowing admins to do more of their... things.

Opinions? Adjustments? Feedback?

All is welcome.
I like it. It brings up the concern of bias, though, and I doubt it will ever actually be implemented.
True, there will always be issues with biasy with new and current blood. Sad fact of the server, and life.

Hopefully the people that would be picked, if it gets implemented would be willing to do their part for the server and not their own opinions.
I like the idea, shame it'll never happen, I;ve got shed loads of free time I'd happily devote to something like this... without the actuall power, but the ability to help those with the power...
Let the forum moderators do this?
Forum moderators are biased.

I am unbiased.

Contemplate.

EDIT: My suggestions would, however, were they implemented, cause an insane amount of Q_Q and RAEG.
Interesting idea. I'm going to forward this to Cannon, he'll re-open it after he's formulated an admin reply.