Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Forum downtime 03 Sept 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Forum server Virtual Machine crapped out today around 20:30 GMT, due to a heat issue on the host box.
When the Forums were brought up again, one user had been lost from the member database, due to being in an active session at the exact moment the Virtual Machine dumped its core.

This user needed to be restored without any loss of messages or rights, causing the need to use black magic, sacrifices of rubber chickens, and manual SQL editing to be performed.

Suffice to say, this succeeded, and Fellow Hoodlum is now back as a user with all his rights on the forums again, and none of his messages lost.

We apologize for the downtime.

A & L Guy
Thanks again:D
' Wrote:Thanks again:D
Was that a thanks for getting the forums back online, or for getting Hoodlum back online ?
Inquiring minds wanna know...:D

A & L Guy
Surely you could have edited Hoodlum to look like a pink puppy for kicks?
I'll cover it and say thanks for both.
Did we really want Hoodlum back?

He's a bit scarey o.o
' Wrote:Did we really want Hoodlum back?

He's a bit scarey o.o

:O How can you say that?!

*Hides Behind the couch*

Thanks for getting the forums working again!... I was lost without them...
Forums = My (Sad and pathetic) Life...
Hoodlum = Well, I'm not sure
Either way
Forums back = win...
Hoodlum back, doesn't affect me.

But major thanks to whomever restored my last thread to sanity...

Hah, thread of sanity... see what I did there... it's a thread, in a forum... oh trolololol... yeah, whatever *Rolls Eyes and leaves*
SQL editing to restore Hoodlum? A&L, Cannon, and the rest of y'all involved. You are da men. Though, you could have forced Hood's theme to Hello Kitty and locked it like that for giggles...
' Wrote:SQL editing to restore Hoodlum? A&L, Cannon, and the rest of y'all involved. You are da men. Though, you could have forced Hood's theme to Hello Kitty and locked it like that for giggles...
*pulls up Troys Account data in the database*

Must.... Resist.... Urge......

MUST.... RESIST.... URGE......

MUST.... RESIST.... URGE......

Awwww what the heck...

Who am I kidding.. Resisting urges, bahh humbug.

*Locks Troys avatar for the next 24 hours*

A & L Guy
Pages: 1 2