Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No.

Gallic ships use Gallic tech (any weapons you can buy on Gallic stations), other than that, the Council may be able to get Sirian weapons if they ask very nicely. The GRN however will never be suing Sirian weapons, as in the eyes of the Royalists, all Sirian equipment and technology is inferior and Gallic ships should not be tainted with it.
Gallia already has uber-awesome guns so why do you need cerbs?
' Wrote:Gallia already has uber-awesome guns so why do you need cerbs?
agreed. I like the bastard culverins and musketoons tbh.

the only "sirian" weps I can understnad arguement for is the codies, and even then only GRN can mount them (since council has no VHF)
I would say no, simply because ... you're GRN, and aren't going to want to touch that filthy Sirius technology.

Also, if you look at the stats on the two guns -

GRN Battleship Primary does 12,400 Hull, 6,200 shield, for 34650 power, with a speed of 780, refire 1.52, with 100000 hit points.
Cerberus Battleship does 12,000 hull, 6,000 shield, for 42000 power, speed of 650, refire rate of 2.0, with 80000 hit points.

Valor has a 9000000 power plant, with 300000 recharge. In two seconds, you fire 24 shots with the Cerbs, for 1,008,000 power expended. Or you've got 18 shots fired from your Primaries, for 623,700 power expended. So every two seconds you're either 408000 in the hole power wise, or 23,700 in the hole. 40 seconds worth of shooting - the battleship with Cerbs has no power left. 40 seconds worth of shooting, the battleship with Primaries still has half his power left.

Oh, and as far as a regular turret is concerned, the ONLY turret gun that does more damage that the GRN Primary is blue. (Mortars and such don't count - they're not regular guns.)
Cerbs are generic, not Civilian.

Dunno why you'd want to though, GRN Turrets are Cerb-Primaries.
' Wrote:Cerbs are generic, not Civilian.

Dunno why you'd want to though, GRN Turrets are Cerb-Primaries.
probably athstetics? I remember I shifted half my loadout and mixed it to heck and back just because I liked one style of guns more than the other

course thats back in 4.83 when things were looser and money was easier to grab
' Wrote:I would say no, simply because ... you're GRN, and aren't going to want to touch that filthy Sirius technology.

Also, if you look at the stats on the two guns -

GRN Battleship Primary does 12,400 Hull, 6,200 shield, for 34650 power, with a speed of 780, refire 1.52, with 100000 hit points.
Cerberus Battleship does 12,000 hull, 6,000 shield, for 42000 power, speed of 650, refire rate of 2.0, with 80000 hit points.

Valor has a 9000000 power plant, with 300000 recharge. In two seconds, you fire 24 shots with the Cerbs, for 1,008,000 power expended. Or you've got 18 shots fired from your Primaries, for 623,700 power expended. So every two seconds you're either 408000 in the hole power wise, or 23,700 in the hole. 40 seconds worth of shooting - the battleship with Cerbs has no power left. 40 seconds worth of shooting, the battleship with Primaries still has half his power left.

Oh, and as far as a regular turret is concerned, the ONLY turret gun that does more damage that the GRN Primary is blue. (Mortars and such don't count - they're not regular guns.)

Does Bear's all heavy mortar Lib Dread count ?

Oh and to further refine Agmens statement, heres DPS stats on nomie/GRN primaries

Per second stats
Hull/sheild/energy

20,000 10,000 52,500 - Nomie
18,788 9,394 52,500 - GRN

Keep in mind thats per second stats for a single gun.
Believe it or not, I was talking about GB Cerbs -_- lol...

Ah well, Gallics need Gallic Solaris and Gallic Cerberus type turrets for all their ships... sigh...
' Wrote:Believe it or not, I was talking about GB Cerbs -_- lol...

Ah well, Gallics need Gallic Solaris and Gallic Cerberus type turrets for all their ships... sigh...
most liekly will be here in 4.86
They have them both?
Nice 4 refire solaris type and nice primaries for cerbs?
Pages: 1 2 3