Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: No WROOOM Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!
When i play, all my ships dosen't sound. Cannons make a noise and the autopilot voice and all that but the engine keep quiet. cruise or thruster makes no sound either. I've checked my options and everything seems to be correct.
I would be really happy for some help.

Periy
Lucky you?

Urm, maybe a damaged or corrupt audio file?
Option that solves most problems is just reinstalling everything...
' Wrote:Option that solves most problems is just reinstalling everything...
Which ship? I've noticed for instance the Hydra gunboat has no cruise engine sound. Could be a specific issue with a single model.
Sometimes 3D sound does this, look if its enabled if it is, disable 3D sound, maybe it will get fixed this way.
' Wrote:Hi!
When i play, all my ships dosen't sound. Cannons make a noise and the autopilot voice and all that but the engine keep quiet. cruise or thruster makes no sound either. I've checked my options and everything seems to be correct.
I would be really happy for some help.

Periy

Very large ships have the camera far away from the engines, so with some of them you can't hear the cruise engines charging. This generally happens on ships of cruiser size or larger.
' Wrote:Very large ships have the camera far away from the engines, so with some of them you can't hear the cruise engines charging. This generally happens on ships of cruiser size or larger.

This might be it. Try going into turret mode and swinging around, you should be able to find it. If not, and you want to fix it, reinstalling is probably the best option; but again, I'm reasonably confidant that camera placement is the reason you can't hear it.

Can you tell us what ship? And if this happens on any other ships you have?
' Wrote:ust reinstall everything...

' Wrote:disable 3D sound, maybe it will get fixed this way.

One of those above should fix it.
' Wrote:

One of those above should fix it.

That probably.. but I know I had few problems when I minimized / maximized repeatedly while I was checking forum/skype and few times FL sounds ( not all but some parts of it, once engines, once guns, etc ) came and go each time I maximized screen again.. in the end game would crash after too many times, after I found out reason I stoppped alt-tabing much while in game.
' Wrote:That probably.. but I know I had few problems when I minimized / maximized repeatedly while I was checking forum/skype and few times FL sounds ( not all but some parts of it, once engines, once guns, etc ) came and go each time I maximized screen again.. in the end game would crash after too many times, after I found out reason I stoppped alt-tabing much while in game.

If a new sound starts playing while you are tabbed out, the game won't adjust it to your volume settings and just play it at full volume instead- usually this happens when you enter or leave a zone (nebulas, asteroid fields, etc) while tabbed out, since those are more easily noticed. You might also see it if you start up cruise and tab out before your engines finish charging- the cruise noise will start at full volume and remain there until you remind FL of your volume settings (just adjust them and then cancel out, you just need to fiddle with the bar a bit).
Pages: 1 2