Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: sent messages not saving?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've sent a few private messages but i'm not seeing the items in my sent items folder.
Sent PMs aren't saved in your sent folder, I forget the reason why but that's the way it's been for as long as I've been here.:mellow:
' Wrote:Sent PMs aren't saved in your sent folder, I forget the reason why but that's the way it's been for as long as I've been here.:mellow:

Oh:(well that's disappointing. There's no way to confirm if something said.
You can toggle the 'send copy to your sent message folder'
or something, but anyways, clicking that (At the bottom of the text pannel) saves it for you...
You have two options you can set a checkmark in, when you are sending a personal message on the forums : "Save a copy" and "Track Message".

Both options are off by default. So if you click the send button, without setting a checkmark in one or both fields, you just have to trust both your memory and the forum software. Your memory for the contents of the message, and the forum software for delivering the message to the recipient.

If you on the other hand set a checkmark in the fields before pressing the send button, then the forum software keeps a copy, as well as shows you whether the message has been read or not.

It is completely under your control to use those options when sending a message.

A & L Guy