Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NPC Fleet Hunting Missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One thing that can be an issue is player activity in factions with 'big fleets' right? Like the Corsairs, Outcasts, Order and so on and so Houses.

Now what if there was a chance that there was a mission that offered a massive reward but it came at massive risk?

Here is an example 'kill all NPC mission' is somewhat more scripted.

Wave 1: There is a formation of Very Heavy Fighters of their faction armed to the teeth, scout ships in essence
Wave 2: Gunboat and bombers spawn as a retaliatory force against you (and your groups actions)
Wave 3: The big battle a medium to large fleet of capital ships with bombers as support, meaning you'd need a combined arms force to effectively take them down. Class goes up to Battleship class, though rare.

In essence, with times of low fleet activity in places, the NPC Fleet Mission can provide some practice as a group while earning some cash, and some RP "We win this day!" thing. We all know there are large fleets, maybe these kinds of missions would put it into some perspective on just how large.

Also, imagine the Order doing these missions against Nomad fleets, that would give us a sense of the good old days in SP right?

So, feedback?
DO IT! WANT!

lags though.
Definitely.

We need higher paying missions too.

Quote:lags though.

Well that is actually quite a big problem, I can't even handle a GC starflier swarm D;

Perhaps of course, they wouldn't be so much *swarms* but more armed to the teeth with armor upgrades and more nanobots? Should reduce the lag there...
Aye, maybe make it a rare mission to find? I'm unsure how to compensate too much for the lag, but as said above, armour upgraded NPC ships, with their unlimited energy cores.... That would be a hard fight.
you would have to be in a group of 10 or more people to find them. that would even encourage team-play
' Wrote:you would have to be in a group of 10 or more people to find them. that would even encourage team-play
Exactly, could also be a lot of fun
Those already exist, they're just a bit tough to get depending upon your level. Off of Rostock or Freeport 11, you can pick up some level 42 anti-Corsair missions that spawn 4 to 8 Ossies. The mission itself only pays 800 - 900K, but the ships each have 10 x 100K credit cards plus pilots, prisoners, and other goodies. It's POSSIBLE to do them with one bullhead, but much easier (and your survival is more likely) if you have three or four ships working together.
Aye I know about those missions and as you said, you can do it alone if kitted up right. The missions that I'm proposing are much bigger than the current ones, and would require team work to complete them, leading to some good practice and some great monetary rewards.
I don't mind the idea but I feel there should be some kinda indicator readily apparent that the mission being chosen would require teamwork. Already it is quite a surprise to do a mission and find a handfull of Osies or half a dozen Threshers when your solo. Maybe a mission level designation like; !! as well as a noticeable difference in the cash reward. Many many factions would benefit from the teamwork practice if such missions were available as a selection.

Edit add: or even make them Guard System missions for the origin and then a need to travel to a different system for the action. Heck I am one who doesn't mind the RP of our Guard System beng invaded by enemies and I wouldn't flinch at a mission based on the defence of the Guard system from an enemy fleet.
' Wrote:One thing that can be an issue is player activity in factions with 'big fleets' right? Like the Corsairs, Outcasts, Order and so on and so Houses.

Now what if there was a chance that there was a mission that offered a massive reward but it came at massive risk?

Here is an example 'kill all NPC mission' is somewhat more scripted.

Wave 1: There is a formation of Very Heavy Fighters of their faction armed to the teeth, scout ships in essence
Wave 2: Gunboat and bombers spawn as a retaliatory force against you (and your groups actions)
Wave 3: The big battle a medium to large fleet of capital ships with bombers as support, meaning you'd need a combined arms force to effectively take them down. Class goes up to Battleship class, though rare.

In essence, with times of low fleet activity in places, the NPC Fleet Mission can provide some practice as a group while earning some cash, and some RP "We win this day!" thing. We all know there are large fleets, maybe these kinds of missions would put it into some perspective on just how large.

Also, imagine the Order doing these missions against Nomad fleets, that would give us a sense of the good old days in SP right?

So, feedback?

It would be pointless as NPCs cloak at 2.5k, yet are still able to fire.

that gets fixed, NPCs are visable within any weapon range, then yes do it.

Of course, at that point you would need to increase the mission abort distance from the waypoint.

If it aborts at 3k or so prevents use of ranged weapons.
Pages: 1 2