Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mon'Star's RP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
i broke this out of another thread because it was off topic

' Wrote:This is why I think a defeatd player should move on.. It seems very out of RP to just return to the same spot and continue blasting any poor fool who just jumps into Texas from NY some of his victims below level 40's travelling alone with no-hope of survival. You completly locked down that system and have done so on a regular basis over the last few days. I'm sorry Monstar but you were forced to flee from there and adding HAHAHAH to every sentance is not an excuse for a camp kill-fest. If this is how you RP Monstar I think the Admins should have to review your terroist ID. Be a terroist not a PVP whore!

at the present i'm working with someone on a RP story about Mon'Star terrorizing Liberty. through observations over several days i found that Texas is a frequently traveled route. So common sense would dictate that an enemy of liberty would focus on a highly traveled path. Yes i did agree to leave the system, i had withdrawn from an earlier fight but didn't leave the system.

Now, as for criticism of my RP. How would you suggest a psychopathic killer should act? Mon'Star is not a pirate. he is a terrorist and terrorist terrorize, that's what Mon'Star does. My definiton of a PVP whore is someone who looks for only player versus player fights. Mon'Star doesn't do this, yes he will try to kill anyone who he thinks he can take out but i also will sit for long periods of time killing NPC's because my RP is about terrorizing the area i'm in which is actually mostly the NPC's. i don't hunt people down...i don't chase people if they get away...Mon'Star knows there are plenty of innocents (NPC's) around and doesn't need to waste time chasing people. i am one of the very few people on the server that was approved by the admins to do what i do. the main reason was because of how well i RP, on the forums and in the game.

i'm hoping this may steam the flow of OOC chat i'm getting when people run into me.

for example the:

"READ YOUR ID!!!"
"Pirates can't pirate in cruisers!"
"you killed me without asking for tax!"

and i love the fact when people get killed then imediately respawn in another system then PM me "Nice RP!" when all they had to do is wait a few seconds to see what i wrote right after their recent demise.

So in closing, beyond this thread i will no longer defend myself as i don't consider it neccessary. i have spent far to much time sitting in space in-game explaining who and what i am. i will leave the research up to the players. i'm not wasting anymore of my precious little play time....not playing.

thank you
Aaagreeed!! Mon'Star, you have played your role VERY well. All of the kills you have on my characters were in the spirit of your RP.

The problem is that folks don't take the time to come here... to the boards... and do a bit of research on the "who's who" in Sirius. There is no problem with your RP in my opinion. Your infamy is indeed intact.
' Wrote:i broke this out of another thread because it was off topic
at the present i'm working with someone on a RP story about Mon'Star terrorizing Liberty. through observations over several days i found that Texas is a frequently traveled route. So common sense would dictate that an enemy of liberty would focus on a highly traveled path. Yes i did agree to leave the system, i had withdrawn from an earlier fight but didn't leave the system.

Now, as for criticism of my RP. How would you suggest a psychopathic killer should act? Mon'Star is not a pirate. he is a terrorist and terrorist terrorize, that's what Mon'Star does. My definiton of a PVP whore is someone who looks for only player versus player fights. Mon'Star doesn't do this, yes he will try to kill anyone who he thinks he can take out but i also will sit for long periods of time killing NPC's because my RP is about terrorizing the area i'm in which is actually mostly the NPC's. i don't hunt people down...i don't chase people if they get away...Mon'Star knows there are plenty of innocents (NPC's) around and doesn't need to waste time chasing people. i am one of the very few people on the server that was approved by the admins to do what i do. the main reason was because of how well i RP, on the forums and in the game.

i'm hoping this may steam the flow of OOC chat i'm getting when people run into me.

for example the:

"READ YOUR ID!!!"
"Pirates can't pirate in cruisers!"
"you killed me without asking for tax!"

and i love the fact when people get killed then imediately respawn in another system then PM me "Nice RP!" when all they had to do is wait a few seconds to see what i wrote right after their recent demise.

So in closing, beyond this thread i will no longer defend myself as i don't consider it neccessary. i have spent far to much time sitting in space in-game explaining who and what i am. i will leave the research up to the players. i'm not wasting anymore of my precious little play time....not playing.

thank you

LSF Chill is myself Draygon and I do not have a problem with your RP or killing innocents. I merely think if you are forced to flee an area you should choose another and not return to that area as soon as you can.
As you agreed vua PM you simply moved and terrorised another area of Liberty. Was that too much trouble?
I did not go to all the trouble to remove you from this spot only to see you return shortly afterwards. Regardless of a 2 hour or 24 hour cool down period. Finding a new spot seems like good RP to me.

As I said in the post you quoted do not take this as a flame. We had a very nice RP encounter :D
right...my problem....it seems to me that you don't PVP at all.
you have a cruiser, and you run....
whenever I am chasing you, we eventually split up, and I am sure that most factions do.
but, you never actually get involved in a fight...
monstar is supposed to be a supersoldier...surely he can kill a lone pilot looking for him?

often, I've ignored mon'star's presence in systems I'm supposed to defend, because it is so aggrivating.
its at least 20 minutes of chase, and you leave our jusidiction without doing anything but shooting up npcs...

I don't feel that is terrorizing.
I feel that is cheap and mean..and it spoils the experience for your pursuers.
without a reason to chase you...why should we treat you as if you exist?
you hunt npcs, well, I'm going to leave it to the NPC cops to get you.
sorry but your directly attacked my RP, suggesting the admins review my terrorist ID. Which to me sounded like you were calling for revocation of my ID. that in turn would ruin all the hard work i've put into Mon'Star. that is something i don't take lightly.

To me that is worse than flaming
' Wrote:sorry but your directly attacked my RP, suggesting the admins review my terrorist ID. Which to me sounded like you were calling for revocation of my ID. that in turn would ruin all the hard work i've put into Mon'Star. that is something i don't take lightly.

To me that is worse than flaming

I think they should if you continue to beleive camping one specific area killing below level 40 players in a Destroyer is acceptable then yes take that as you will.
The phantoms show restraint in their RP, you apparentley do not. And while I admire your Monstar RP I think you should not camp one area continuously. Simple enough?
' Wrote:right...my problem....it seems to me that you don't PVP at all.
you have a cruiser, and you run....
whenever I am chasing you, we eventually split up, and I am sure that most factions do.
but, you never actually get involved in a fight...
monstar is supposed to be a supersoldier...surely he can kill a lone pilot looking for him?

often, I've ignored mon'star's presence in systems I'm supposed to defend, because it is so aggrivating.
its at least 20 minutes of chase, and you leave our jusidiction without doing anything but shooting up npcs...

I don't feel that is terrorizing.
I feel that is cheap and mean..and it spoils the experience for your pursuers.
without a reason to chase you...why should we treat you as if you exist?
you hunt npcs, well, I'm going to leave it to the NPC cops to get you.

i have on many occasions explained these encounters. Mon'Star fights only when he thinks he can win. even then sometimes i lose. i'm not going to fight a large group of enemies. sorry

now if i'm busy doing something else and don't have time to stop and fight some fighters someone sic'd on me then oh well. as i have said i have limited game play and at some points i may have to quit the game abruptly (family gets home) so in these cases i'll avoid conflict in order to not have to leave mid fight. in these cases...forgive me for having a RL.

as many can contest, i have fought many battles, some wins some loses.
' Wrote:I think they should if you continue to beleive camping one specific area killing below level 40 players in a Destroyer is acceptable then yes take that as you will.
The phantoms show restraint in their RP, you apparentley do not. And while I admire your Monstar RP I think you should not camp one area continuously. Simple enough?

for the first part refer to my comment above refering to the RP story i'm working co-op on.

as for the killing players under 40, i think of typical terrorist in these situations. terrorist prey on the weak, they are weak. and they are above level 30 hence, fair game
' Wrote:for the first part refer to my comment above refering to the RP story i'm working co-op on.

Yes there are many well travelled paths in Liberty, try terrorisng them too!

' Wrote:as for the killing players under 40, i think of typical terrorist in these situations. terrorist prey on the weak, they are weak. and they are above level 30 hence, fair game

While fair game, it's still pretty lame. I myself was told off by BULDOGNK in game for demanding 200k of a level 35 player in my Xeno eagle just because he was just casually siting in space beside me. I was level 55 at the time becase of a large amount of cash on the char. I made the demand because he was above level 30 and 200k seemed so low he could afford it and I was actually trying to invole the guy in RP. After I made the demand I was insulted by numerous playes in system chat and one player in a level 5 starbug tried to place himself in between me and my victim to interfere. Slightly annoyed I killed the lvl 35. After this BULLDOGNK advised me to stick to players my own level and I have done so ever since.

I understand your admin given terroist ID is different. All I am suggesting is you try moving once you are driven from an area.
Umm... As much as I'd rather not get involved... Doesn't blasting some level 32 who just bought his first Defender or Patriot seem kind of stupid? What fun is in it? Sure, terrorist... Weak, boom. But what if he was on a mission?

Don't you remember your wee days back in the dark ages when you were but a nub. Don't you remember how frustrating those Navy missions were when the Rogue ships dropped mines that utterly destroyed you? "Woohoo! Mission. *jump* OMFG! *Kaboom* Yay! Patriot death by cruiser is... What the F?"

I do think that your RP need some restraint. I just don't see the sport in capping anybody below level 40.

*Spear beat me to it* <~Edit~
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9