Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ninjalooting as Pirating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello Community,

ive a short and simple question.

Situation:

i fly i pirate Transport and see some miners in the Ore Fields, they mine XY ore and the ore isnt in the haul, but around in space. Is it allowed to loot the ore as a thief without proper RP, just beam it up in my haul and then escape, without any word about that?

The ore isn't theirs until they tractor them...

You could do it with any transport. And really, aren't you meant to tractor it after you shoot it, not leave it lying around?
in a few situations ive met a miner, which was already full with ore and mine further more Ore for a friend or someone else to sell it, but youre right, normaly i loot the ore instantly in my cargo bay.
' Wrote:The ore isn't theirs until they tractor them...

You could do it with any transport. And really, aren't you meant to tractor it after you shoot it, not leave it lying around?
Smaller mining vessels often create a "cloud" of ore around them while waiting for their transports to arrive. It's considered more efficient I suppose, altough I find it safer to use a hegemon and yank all of that ore in. Two full heges can fill a 5K hauler. And in a pinch, haul all that themselves. Only drawback is they're more vulnerable against bombers...
I have seen it happen many a time. Not only Pirates but Junkers and many other freelancers have flown by and scooped it up without a word. If its floating its fair game I suppose. If the miners dont like it they need a bigger ship or some protection to intercept the Opportunist Ore Collector
Slightly off topic, I use other people's ore as MR target practice while I'm pirating them on my Molly, especially the Mafic's that get the clouds of ore around them.
It's mean, yeah, but stealing or destroying the ore they've mined is just that, mean. Not OORP is it? And by the way, pirates and theives are supposed to be mean.
yeah its fair,
but if you give some RP then its too good.....

Yesterday i got nearly 3000 gold ore in dublin (looted from a hege miner) by the same way....

Ask for tax no reply from them, his friend stared tractoring it in his transport, :DI had done the same...

Then "I got my share *its time to flee*"
space is no man's land. the stuff floating around belongs to the first guy tractoring it in.

even if it IS a dick move, the miner will learn his lesson and do it differently next time.

darwin would agree.
' Wrote:darwin would agree.

Orwell also.
in a game like in real life.... not everything that is not forbidden is a good move to make.

assess the situation - think of how the other player feels. if YOU would get upset ( like upset as a player ) when it was done to you - be a better man and don t do it.

if you think that the other player can deal , or MUST deal with it - you can do it.... but if you are one of those people that love to critizise others and hit them when you have your friends backup - but you start crying when others do it to you, when THEY have the backup - you better not do it.

many players love to do stuff that they d utterly hate to have done to them.

in any case..... the game is about choices and interaction.

flying up to someone and shooting something just "cause you can" is usually bad form.... and you skip a lot of valuable interaction, too. - give the other one a REASONABLE choice - an option to keep what he has - and you may end up having a good chat that no one leaves with anger boiling down in their belly.
Pages: 1 2 3