Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Skyline.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was searching on IMDB for upcoming movie releases and what the buzz on media was. I found a few things that caught my eye, and one I will share for now.

Skyline.

It's coming out November 12 this year, but the fact that it hasn't attained a massive publicity what with commercials and all is surprising to me. Do they just want to sneak this movie into the box offices instead of notifying the world of its existence? I don't know.

Here's the trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi668403225/
if you beleive in god, and beleive that man was created in god's image,

then you should assume other intelligent life was created under his image,

in that respect other intelligent life should have resemblence to ourselves

we tend to like living better and enjoying ourselves when possible. look at developed countries vs developing, the developed have much more luxury as a whole, this luxury will expand until we become pleasure seeking creatures per se.

i think extra terrestrial life would be the same in this respect, and would have no need for screwing other life around.

maybe aliens have thier own gaians and would kill anybody trying to ship human life out of the sol system:P
It's like Independence day all over. Looks a bit too cheesy, might dissapoint.
' Wrote:It's like Independence day all over. Looks a bit too cheesy, might dissapoint.

I don't know. I don't have high hopes, but I know I'll go and see it. There just isn't anything about it. That's what bugs me.
' Wrote:It's like Independence day all over. Looks a bit too cheesy, might dissapoint.
Except without Will Smith and the Rule of Cool line, "Welcome to Earfh."

Never heard of Skyline through... Might see it if it's up here. Looks almost like a high-budget indie film.
"Farther than we thought possible"

Yes. Because radiation emitted doesn't already travel at the speed of light. Meh. I detect fantastical science abounds, but I'll still probably watch it. There's something to be said for entertainment value, even if the quality is terrible.

And I've always thought that it'd be stupid for an advanced alien species to bother visiting us. Why not just figure out how we tick and develop a nasty virus or bacteria to wipe us out? Couldn't be that hard. We can probably already do it ourselves. And it would save them the energy spent traversing galaxies to visit their destruction.

Of course, that probably wouldn't make for as interesting a movie.
' Wrote:Of course, that probably wouldn't make for as interesting a movie.
They made a movie like that in 1971 called The Andromeda Strain. It was remade in 2008. Pretty good movie, haven't seen the remake though.