Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Proposing a New Bounty Rule.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Oh No, not another Rule to add to Disco. But this one needs to be added.

Adding Bounties for no reason has got it's limits... 'We Hate Zoner's' In my opinion is not enough RP to pay someone 2 Million Credits. It's like the in-game message : 'All attacks must relate to some sort of RP, shouting 'Halt' or 'engaging' isn't sufficient.'

Shouting or yelling 'We / I dont like[ SO and so], Kill them' Isn't sufficient, I have nothing against bounties, it sparks up RP, just a little, but when bounties makes someone mad / angry enough to quit freelancer, someone who plays a game for fun. Don't you think something should be done ?
Would you care to actually put the rule you're proposing in the post..?
' Wrote:'All attacks must relate to some sort of RP, shouting 'Halt' or 'engaging' isn't sufficient.'
Think that is the Rule he is proposing.
Then that rule is already in place. Bounties with no roleplay behind them that we can find are locked and discussed. Only if we find roleplay behind it is it reopened.

I am assuming this thread has to do with the Anarchists and Corsairs' bounties on the Zoners. The A bounty on Zoners was already discussed and allowed. The Corsairs' wasn't discussed because it was obvious from the get-go that there was roleplay to support it. A year's worth of roleplay. Anyone who claims the Corsair bounty has nothing to do with RP is willfully ignoring the roleplay behind it. I'm not in the Zoners or the Corsairs and I see the roleplay for it plain as day.
I support this proposal.
To be honest the only rule which we could do with is one concerning blanket bounties only being set down by them official fakshuns.

As to folk getting their knickers in a bunch over mindless blanket bounties, well, I just mentally refer myself back to a certain blanket bounty on all miners due to something "Needing to be done".

I figure if that's good to go there's not much of an issue with Zoners being set to the torch on account of lacking certain qualities of character.
' Wrote:To be honest the only rule which we could do with is one concerning blanket bounties only being set down by official factions.
That would make a lot of sense and would likely get good support.
Yeah..
I want blanket bounties to be banned all together, honestly, but we all know that aint going to happen. So having it 'tightened' up is the best I could suggest really ? Having a time limit on faction bounty, like 1 Month ? and they cant re-apply the bounty untill another month has passed.. something like that. Hey, I'm just brain storming here.
bounties on individual charakters, mean a great deal of work, both for the offerer of said bounties, and the ones trying to make their fortune from it.

and why is it always the zoner who cry? there are general bounties from someone over practically every faction out there, but noone else crys.
Blanket Bounties by official factions only.

Individual "revenge" bounties posted by anyone. (Me, Milton the Miner is angry at Pete the Pirate, here's 2 million credits and avenge my lost ore! Roar!)

I'd support this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4