Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: delete please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hay again just looking for some tips on playing as a A.I. anything and everything will be cool mates
I'm curious on this as well. Most AI I've come across are more or less explorers, seeking info on systems they pass through. Some information can be found on the SMA faction page. SMA is an AI faction, and I believe, the official one.
http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?titl...achine_Alliance
Play as a Robot that has a artificial brain. Thats basically it.

Like for example:

AI-Unit001 says: [[This unit would want 'sumuleal' to Play as this unit. Awaiting for confirmation....]]

And blah blah blah...

It is simple nothing hard. Just read the ID and follow what it says and follow the server rules and you'll be :cool:
That one for playing everything. Know your character. Think about how he (it) is. Mentality, opinions, goals, past, quirks. There's a page related I tend to link once in a month. Here.

An A.I. is the same, just less usual. You might want to search for some Harvester or Sentient Machine Alliance stories on this forum if your character has anything to do with them.

EDIT: Ahh, Mr Doleo already made a link.
Depending on how advanced your AI is you might want to refrain from "This unit" and such. An advanced AI would pick up on, and integrate the form of communication used by non-AI beings, seeing it as nothing more then another communication protocol.
It would learn to refer to itself as "I" or use it's designation as a name. The communication would still be without emotion (since AI's inherently lack this) but it would language wise be flawless given enough interaction. Of course, if you're playing a less advanced AI this would not happen. The choice is yours:)
I would still like to see more flexibility with the role of an AI... I plan on using some other ship than the Drone, and probably not the AI cruiser... just because the cruiser really doesn't have anything physically unique about it's equipment... So if I can align my AI character right I could RP a Cyborg, a machine integrated with a human brain... not just a mindless 'drone'.
haya all well I was thinking off using the criuser and RPing it as a advanced AI that was restored after some time lost in space and then sold to a faction as a war drone mmm think it will work ?
Question is, would a sentient, selfaware machine allow it to be sold? Perhaps it would offer a measure of loyalty to the being who restored it, recognizing it as an ally...

Also: Cruisers are heavily restricted when moving through areas, such as house space. They are warships, and the AI one is no exception. Expect to be engaged frequently in that thing.
' Wrote:Question is, would a sentient, selfaware machine allow it to be sold? Perhaps it would offer a measure of loyalty to the being who restored it, recognizing it as an ally...

Also: Cruisers are heavily restricted when moving through areas, such as house space. They are warships, and the AI one is no exception. Expect to be engaged frequently in that thing.

aaa well that does suck a moderet to huge amount as I spent all my creds I have made to get it as well as arm it -sigh- no use to me if I cant fly around with the thing any one interisted in buying it from me ?
' Wrote:aaa well that does suck a moderet to huge amount as I spent all my creds I have made to get it as well as arm it -sigh- no use to me if I cant fly around with the thing any one interisted in buying it from me ?
You can fly around in it, just don't expect to always be welcomed in house space. That would be pretty standard anyway, you're an AI, you're weird. People are going to view you with suspicion.
Pages: 1 2