Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: It's a trap!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Once every so often I get one of these while browsing the forum:

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8403/23565220.png

Looks like someone is using pictures from bad sites. Well, I can't find another expaination.
You are not the only one that is experiencing it. I am getting as well and I fount out where is it coming from - well from my perspective - Photobucket.

Where there is an image that is using a photobucket as it 'home base' - this is where the Warning signs pops up on me. Though, it only happens when i open those threads with PB pics a few times in a row.
I never get that problem, ever, even though I use chrome aswell, and see many photo-bucket-using threads....

Tis' certainly odd...
Yeah it's definitely random and sporadic.
Use Mozilla... Fixed that for you!
fixed it, or unplugged the alarm?
To me it looks like you got yourself a virus.

It's trying to get you to go to a certain page, probably to register or even buy the "solution".

Do a virus scan.
i get stuff like that, except the parental controls on my computer blocks certain peoples avatars. in fact, i think one of them was blocked for pron... but the page works, but i cant see your avatars. Like Andrew, it happned with yours. right now.
This sounds like you have a 'hijacker' of some sort that is trying to send you to a specific website when you browse.

I would pull out all the stops and do a full sweep with several detection programs to find out for sure.

I did that recently and found a couple of things that shouldn't have been there.

Now my PC is *clean*, I don't have anything running that shouldn't be and I got rid of a few that were starting up when I started the computer.

End result is that my PC now boots up quicker and runs faster.

For reference: "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "CCleaner" and "Hijack This" are vital and useful tools to sorting those problems and they are all free too.
Pages: 1 2