Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RHA/VR/SCRA/NTF vs Corsairs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For a long time, the Asteroid base of Cadiz has proved to be a powerful opposing force to Hessian / SCRA expansion into the Omegas. With the sudden influx of traffic into the area, it has been deemed more and more critical to remove the station from the area, completely.

Hessian, <strike>Coalition</strike>, Vagrant Raider and Neo Terran Front pilots are in a position to mount a large-scale attack on the station, in an attempt to land several troop transports to commandeer or destroy the station. This will be done by the use of several bombers and capital ships to down the station shields for long enough to force marine boarding ships onto the station and capture several key locations. Depending on the success of the marines, the station will either suffer heavy damage or taken altogether.

Details, registration, ship restrictions:

In an attempt to keep population balance as fair as possible, Corsairs can bring AS MANY SHIPS to the field as they can. However, if you die, you are out of the fight. Unrestricted battleships, cruisers, gunboats, fighters, bombers.

<strike>The Coalition will be fielding the marines, with two or more "DL" or similar sized transports to carry the soldiers (Spaceship personnel) into the station. This is the victory condition for the attackers. If the Raiders do not have the resources, a battleship may be deployed*</strike>

The Hessians will field fighters/bombers/max of TWO gunboats to the fight.
VR will field fighters/bombers/max of ONE cruiser/gunboat to the fight, as well as a battleship of choice*. Battleship must have at least two Pulse cannons.
The Neo-Terrans can only field fighters and bombers

The attackers' ship count:

Fighters / Bombers- Unlimited, no respawn
Gunboats: Max of three, No respawn
Cruisers: Max of One, no respawn
Battleships: One*
Transports: Two

*- One battleship from either Vagrant Raiders <strike>OR the Coalition</strike>.
The Battle plan

Attackers will enter from Omega 3, and proceed towards Cadiz. Fighters and bombers will neutralize the weapons platforms and engage enemy ships. The transports and battleships will stay back from the fight, in Omega 3.

Phase two of the attack will only continue if there is a clear path to Cadiz. The battleship and transports will jump in and move towards a docking port. The battleship will barrage the docking port with pulse cannons for two minutes. Any surviving bombers will be ordered to do the same. After two minutes have elapsed, the transports will move into position and deploy marines. Victory for the attackers.

If the battleship OR the transports are destroyed, the attackers lose.

If you do not wish for your faction to participate, say so here. If you wish to sign up, do so here.

Corsairs:
<strike>Coalition</strike>:
Hessians:
Raiders:
Neo-Terrans:

Time will be discussed later.
Greetings, just to make few things clear off the bat:

1. If in any event base would change ownership, it would have to be agreed upon with developer and admin team.

2. This event fields set amount of small ships against capship armada? Are you serious?

3. Coalition forces have no intention in participation on this event due to absurdity of set parameters and whole situation.

4. Furthermore, Coalition would like to recommend to its allies not to try this plan as well, as its both unlikely to suceed and unlikely to be anything close to fair and fun game. We are all for lost cause battles, but not when they depleate our real life time for ungainable goals.

5. Besides, we would probably destroy the base, not invade it.

With best regards, try to have fun.
This is a RP event. Meaning we would try to roleplay out the outcome, victory or defeat. Furthermore, I doubt the Corsairs would end up victorious if they fielded all capital ships, the environment being an asteroid field, after all. A group of five-six bombers with competant fighters alongside them would wipe the field of any capital ships and allow the battleship and transports access.

Besides, you don't really think that Corsairs have a huge advantage when 3+ factions are sending a collaborative attack on one of their border bases? I can't change your decision, but I had hoped for more cooperation.
This is like an event between LN/LPI/LSF vs. the LR. If the LR would lose we would take over Buffalo Base.

But hey, good-luck Corsairs.

:lol:
Buffalo doesn't have the same importance as Cadiz. Besides, Buffalo is hidden, Cadiz isn't. It's honestly down to the decisions of a few people, what happens in the end.

We might win and be given Cadiz, or the devs give us the "FU" and leave it alone.
Err.. the RHA aren't on particularly good terms with the VR at the moment. I doubt we would trust them to fly into battle with us.
I'll be there! But...to bring my Virage or Broadsword.....I shall consult Josh:unsure:
' Wrote:This is like an event between LN/LPI/LSF vs. the LR. If the LR would lose we would take over Buffalo Base.

But hey, good-luck Corsairs.

:lol:

Yeah, pretty much.

On the off chance any Corsair players actually agree to this nonsense, best of luck to them.
Try to see it from our angle, we've already had bad experiences with Corsairs fielding every Cap they have to kill a single ship, we've been ambushed at Jumpholes by a FLEETS of Corsair Legates and Osiris'. We simply don't want to stumble into an obvious trap, because we KNOW that the Brotherhood and several other Corsair factions would field their largest ships instead of fighters/bombers.

I'm sorry but as it is the Coalition cannot participate in such an event.
If two / four factions are out, then the event's off. Lock requested.
Pages: 1 2