Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Regarding the Core's purchase request of 74
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A question regarding the Core's almost certain future acquisition of the Omicron 74 system in this thread; http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry1154758, I was wondering...

Since the Core and regular Hunters were both derived from the same faction, and use the same tech, does that mean I could go and make a regular LN official faction - say *LN* or something - with the [LN] representing the non guard faction?

Planning ahead for the next imminent posting by Agmen or another Core representative, you will surely argue "Well the roleplay is different!". I am not making this post about roleplay, I am making this post about the fact that one guard system is more than enough. Just take one look at the shipyard and you could tell it was made for the Core. The only reason you want 74 is because frankly it's more convenient.

In the past I would not have said this, but with the recent restrictions put in place by admin team regarding the limitations of official factions under generic IDs, and the inability for any faction using an already taken faction ID to become official, one can only say that the entire situation reeks of bias. Not that anyone in a solid position of power should be concerned about images though, right?

I'll request a moderator to remove any NTF or HF references I see. I'm not having that card played on me, don't even bother, it isn't relevant.
I would not consider this an almost certainty as you say, since a)O74 is a Zoner guard system and it's never before been allowed for a faction to purchase the guard system of another faction. and b) It has never before been allowed for 1 faction to own 2 systems.

I dont think this will happen, so I wouldn't really start to worry about it till/ if it does.

Baffin/74, Zelot. We'll see where this goes though, certainly.
Last I checked, the Core is not a separate official faction. It's the Guard wing of the BHG| official faction. They're all BHG|, the Core is just the Omicron guard wing.

Or something like that.
:laugh:

I porbably shoulda posted this here rather then in the other thread.

' Wrote:What kind of.....well nonetheless GMG| has moved a division over there to help keep our allies's base warm and safe until new occupants arrive or the current occupants regain their sanity......
Good to have you, then.
' Wrote:Baffin/74, Zelot. We'll see where this goes though, certainly.

What does baffin have to do with this?

Baffin is the TAZ 'guard system'. The TAZ (while I do not consider them Zoners) are by the admin's definition of all things, in their infinite wisdom - Zoners - due to their ID and IFF.
Who owns 74 at the moment then?
Nobody. That's exactly why the Core are trying to acquire it. It was previously owned by the ZTC before they disbanded.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7