Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Open Market Notice: Discussion.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
EDIT: Therad split from this; http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=80091&st=0

Why not move the open market to a sub-forum like ship sales and be done with it?
' Wrote:Why not move the open market to a sub-forum like ship sales and be done with it?

A fantastic question, one which I rather hope the moderation/admin team can supply a reply.

One which I'm certainly not supporting because it echoes my own sentiments on the subject.

People want to move things. Sometimes they just want to sell that ship/gun and get on with their lives.

No one complains about for selling a Order Osiris on a Freeport in order to get their money back.

No one complains about selling BHG guns on Crete.

Let's just admit to ourselves that sometimes we would like to do the same kind of business we casually do between friends, such as trading stuff from your LN code boat to your Outcast code boat, with a stranger.

I will repeat the above in case anyone feels that the context thread has been slighted.

Let's just admit to ourselves that sometimes we would like to do the same kind of business we casually do between friends with a stranger.
I think we sould allow the players to choose which way they wanna sell their stuff...

if they wanna make it the RP way ok... but mostly the RP in sales suck... 99% are "i haz to do RP but i only wanna sell my stuff"-RPs
' Wrote:Why not move the open market to a sub-forum like ship sales and be done with it?
Because it's very simple and easy to roleplay the sale of your weaponry and equipment.

Because this is a roleplay server. People are expected to roleplay on the server. Since the selling of equipment happens on that server, there is no reason you cannot roleplay it. This also exists to give people a way to sell their ships in-RP if they choose to as well.

Because if we just move everything from the RP section to a non-RP section because we're too lazy to roleplay, we might as well move the server itself from the RP section to the non-RP section.

' Wrote:I think we sould allow the players to choose which way they wanna sell their stuff...

if they wanna make it the RP way ok... but mostly the RP in sales suck... 99% are "i haz to do RP but i only wanna sell my stuff"-RPs

If people wish to sell their equipment in flood, they have every right to do so.
' Wrote:Because if we just move everything from the RP section to a non-RP section because we're too lazy to roleplay, we might as well move the server itself from the RP section to the non-RP section.

Noted.

Thank you.
'Bout time this happened. It's kinda weird seeing, "10mil." as a persons' in-rp post.

Can you please list the minimum requirements for a sale post to be "in-RP." It seems to be a very subjective thing to me. If I make a transmission header for the post is it in RP then? Or do I have to tell some sort of story? If I have to write a story, how many words must it be to meet the RP requirements. Please elaborate on what you are looking for, because I would hate to violate the forums rules unknowingly.
I agree with zealot and with lens for a change.

Quote:Because it's very simple and easy to roleplay the sale of your weaponry and equipment.

Because this is a roleplay server. People are expected to roleplay on the server. Since the selling of equipment happens on that server, there is no reason you cannot roleplay it. This also exists to give people a way to sell their ships in-RP if they choose to as well.

Because if we just move everything from the RP section to a non-RP section because we're too lazy to roleplay, we might as well move the server itself from the RP section to the non-RP section.
Quote:If people wish to sell their equipment in flood, they have every right to do so.

If you say stuff like this, it's exactly like making one player class hugely favorable over all others in a life sucking MMORPG. If you give people a better, faster less keyboard intensive bore fest that is Selling stuff in RP. Everyone will post their sellings in flood and this forum will be empty...

Its just common sense, really.
' Wrote:Can you please list the minimum requirements for a sale post to be "in-RP." It seems to be a very subjective thing to me. If I make a transmission header for the post is it in RP then? Or do I have to tell some sort of story? If I have to write a story, how many words must it be to meet the RP requirements. Please elaborate on what you are looking for, because I would hate to violate the forums rules unknowingly.
A typical post should include;

Who you are (this can be a fake character that doesn't actually exist), who you're selling your stuff to, and location, all put into RP context.

That said, we moderators aren't stupid, nor are we ultra-strict. We won't go nazi on everything we see. But if you want to be on the safe side, try to make sure you have the above-three items in your post.
' Wrote:A typical post should include;

Who you are (this can be a fake character that doesn't actually exist), who you're selling your stuff to, and location, all put into RP context.

That said, we moderators aren't stupid, nor are we ultra-strict. We won't go nazi on everything we see. But if you want to be on the safe side, try to make sure you have the above-three items in your post.

You're going to have to elaborate more on the underlined portion, because I am still not clear on what the objective measure of that is.

Pages: 1 2 3