Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New player - need help with backstory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to Discovery and have been trying to get my head around the backstory of the various factions and houses. I've started reading on the Wiki, but that doesn't really help all that much. Are there any player written summaries of the factions/houses and any new storyline changes which have occurred since the end of the Nomad War?

I don't want to make my character until I've got my head around all this.
I'd say the best way is to just get out there and experience everything for yourself!

Also, hi. :)
You'll find much lore and stories about the different factions in this thread:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=238

Pretty much covers everything.
Welcome to the DiscoVerse!

As others have said, the best way to understand it all (and yeah, there's a lot) is to get out there and experience it bit by bit. If you're interested in factions, joining one will definately make things smoother - if nothing else, it'll make you some friends to help you settle in.

As for the wiki, there's a lot of info there but as far as I know not all faction pages are totally up-to-date. You can, however, check the Sirius Timeline for a brief ado about the history of the mod and the current "setting" we're in.

I'd also recommend the Discovery Help Channel, which you can find more info about at the top of this forum. There's usually a good few people lurking there who can help with the odd question or two.

Enjoy!