Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 100 million credit Newbie give away!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings new Discovery players!

Now don't get me wrong here but new players on Discovery aren't famed for their great roleplaying skills. Most develop it later after some time on the server.
To give you some inspiration to get on with developing RP straight away I have decided to give away 100 million credits to whoever can write the best biography for the character you will be bringing to Discovery.

There is no criteria for entry other than being a new player to the server.

The prize is 100 million credits.

Biographies should take into account the Discovery lore and be written in understandable English.

I will decide the winner and announce it on Wednesday the 22nd of September when I will transfer the credits to the character specified by the winner.

Good luck and have fun writing.
Can you be more specific about what "new" means in this case? I'm a few weeks old, do I still qualify? I have a general idea about my character biography but still need to elaborate a little.
Lets say that joining within the past month lets you qualify.
I joined about a week ago. (Don't let the join date fool you, I made this account way back but never actually played.)

I'll be writing my bio tomorrow, hope that's soon enough.
...Alpha Index. Ageira Personnel Logs...

System Subgroup of: [Researcher Edwin Harlock] .and. [Marketing Director Danielle Emeraldas (ADDENDUM: Name Changed due to Marriage, Danielle Harlock)]

Name: Jezelle Harlock
Classification: Indigent Ward [Security Clearance Level: D-class]

Cursory Bio -- Written by Agiera Secondary School Director, Cidolfas Ward
-----
According to previous records compiled by my predecessors in the Orbital Primary School. Jezelle Harlock is a gifted student in Biology, Calculus, and oddly enough, Macramé. Otherwise average in all classes taken here at Ageira High. Further reports pending.

<Report 18A, 8** A.S>
After the winter holiday, Jezelle has come back with a new skill apparently. She hacked the wrestling gymasiums gravity generator to attract everything to the ceiling. As no one was hurt, and she posted advisements in the school net warning people to "watch their step." The only punitive action taken was that she is to fix the gravity. And must work for 5 hours a week in the schools computer core.
-Asst. Prof. Alexander Sarkuni

------

<Report 233A, 8** S.A.>
not sure if this is a scholastic rule breaking. this evening in class, Jezelle was to present her paper on Quantum Economics. Instead, she presented what the students are calling a riveting tale of an Up-Quark falling in love with a Down-Quark. there was even conflict in the story between the Up-Quark, Darleen, and a Strange-Quark named HuscvYTCFgiu. dont ask me to pronounce it. Despite the fact that the format is not what was expected, she managed to fit in all the data that was required. as such, i've seen fit to give her an A, but require a follow up, as we were left on somewhat of a cliff hanger. Darleen had just seen the Down-Quark shoot the strange Quark with a YNMK laser, depending on the kind of universe the story takes place in, he'll either be destroyed, or duplicated.
Prof. Mczee

----

<Report 95C 8** A.S.>
This is too far, how did Jezelle get administrative privileges to the Computer Core. I understand we are on a budget, but hiring a 17 year old for college credit? Consider this my official protest.
-Gym Coach Fudd.

---

<Report 1EMX 8** A.S.>

Its been two weeks since Jezelle's sabatical. Her parents termination of employment, followed by incarceration must be hard on her. But there are other students are going through the same thing. I've marked her for mandatory support therapy in the Children of Corporate Spies group. She must be made aware that no one holds her accountable for this (Admin Note: UNTRUE UNTIL COMMITTEE RULING), she has too much potential in Ageira.
Prnp. Cidolfas

----

<[Incident Report "Gran Cru" 8** A.S. Beginning 0820 Manhattan Standard Time.]>
0820 MST, User Donal Tipidae, Janitor AHS. Purchase of: 2 Justice mk 1. 1 Lightbeam Scanner. 1 Gate Passkey, Anonymized, 100 Year Subscription. Deliverable to Flight Deck at Man. Int'l. Port. at 0900 MST.

0832 MST, User Donal Tipidae, Janitor AHS. Purchase of: 2 Rosemary Bagels, Chive Cream Cheese. Toasted. 1 pint, 2% skim Milk.

0845 MST, User Cidolfas Ward, Principal AHS. Purchase of 9 Seconds of AHS and Ageira Corporate HQ Televid Airtime. 13,000,000 Credits Charged. Excerpt Attached.

0900 MST, User Cidolfas Ward, Purchased Starflier Civilian Light Vehicle and Launch Capability (Priority Rates), 2,000,000 Credits.

0901 MST, After Breaking Orbit, The "CidSucks" went to hyperdrive toward the nearby asteroid field. LSI reported bandit comms traffic spiked for 23.4 seconds as the vehicle approached a major bandit hotspot. Comms in the area went quiet, and as of the filing of this report, have not resumed on previously viable channels, for reasons that can only be that the pilot of that ship provided key intel to the resident rogues that clued them into our listening operations.

Aprx. 2 days later on */*/**, the Starflier purchased under the accounts of Cidolfas Ward was seen speeding towards the Detroit Munitions Facility. Attempts to hail the vessel proved futile as no one appeared to be in it. Attempts were made to shoot it down. But they were unsuccesful. The ship collided with the Detroit Munitions facility 2F, earmarked for storage of torpedos. The Station managed to jettison the affected area before it ignited the shells. The estimated damage is in the hundreds of millions.

-=Summary=-
-Agent Cidolfas Ward-

It is deduced that Jezelle Harlock met with a Lane Hacker or Liberty Rogue agent while on Manhattan for zero-g volleyball regionals. She did not show up to the game and it is this agents opinion that this is why Ageira High School's team lost the game this year. My only solace is that I was reassigned to Collections before this could be noted on my corporate record (Board of Trustees Note: This will now be noted in his record.). It seems she had procured credentials enough to purchase a ship, weapons, launch codes, and clearance before she launched. The broadcast she purchased was displayed in the corporate HQ and the high school for 9 seconds. It... Well... Look...

< video display of a 19 year old girl, with a finger by her eye, sticking her tongue out at the screen. She is audibly noted as saying, "Uhhhnnnnnnnn" for the total 9 seconds. >

As of my reassignment, I will spend what I've estimated to be 3-6 months tracking down Jezelle Harlock and bringing her in for academic reprimand, and to pay off my debts to the ship dealer, detroit munitions, and liberty broadcasting company.

-End Log-

< Addendum */*/**: Agt. Cidolfas >
Its been one year since my last report. I think I've tracked her to the Magellan System. I've used the last of my salary to pay an outcast to bring her to a location where I can bring her into custody. I am now orbiting an asteroid near the meeting spot. I expect her to come quietly, she must have had time to think about what shes do-... Hold on. I'm getting something on scope. Its... Dear gods... This is a message for the board! Do not come out here, shes- -static-

-End transmission-

Board Note: It is in this board of trustees opinion that Jezelle Locke presents no viable threat. The outcast must have ambushed the Agent to sell him into slavery for a quick few credits. We are assigning several agents to continue to investigation. Cidolfas will be listed MIA, and no bounty will be placed on his rescue. Furthermore It is in our opioIOPNHIUFSTUF-----....... [Cluster Corruption] Defragmenting... Error Code: 6472OI. Suffix Code, Oi, not recognized. Bad Command or File Name. Oi! You bloody Ageira goons have badgered me long enough! You took my family, tried to make me like you! So now I will kick your arses so hard you'll kiss the moons!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . command cluster failure . . . . . . . .
Overheating. . . . Please purchase a new video buffer. . . . . .
***Opening LSF logfile: '€œOmegaVeskoBio.nnet'€
***Entering passcode... ********
***Access granted. Playback initiated.

[Image: mactaylor.jpg]
IFF Tag: Omega 3-7
Name: n/a
Codename: '€œVesko'€
Security Level: High

Well, hello there. Let me introduce myself: I'€™m officer omega three dash seven; also known as '€œVesko'€. Yes, that'€™s all I can tell you. I'€™m an undercover agent for the Liberty Security Force; I specialize in field tactics and dogfighting. Some might call me '€œrough'€, but what can I say - I like the direct approach. Don'€™t let that fool you, though. I'€™ve been through countless reconnaissance missions. Anybody who managed to sneak a peek at my ship was quickly incinerated. Let'€™s hope that doesn'€™t happen to you.

Technically, I wasn'€™t born. I was cloned. There was one point in my life, however, which you could consider '€œbirth'€. Let me explain.

I slowly opened my eyes as I floated quietly in my stasis chamber. I looked around me, only to find a sterile cloning room. I heard a beep from above me, followed by a surprisingly calm computerized voice. '€œSubject Omega 3-7 ready for draining'€, it said. Another beep followed, and the the fluid started draining from my stasis chamber. When the fluid reached my eyes, I fainted.

After that, I woke up clothed in some strange kind of jumpsuit, hooked up to some amazingly high-tech tubing and equipment, on an equally strange and high-tech operating table, surrounded by medical technicians. '€œJust a little bump, he'€™ll live'€, one of them said. The tubing detached from my body as I sat up on the table. '€œYou gonna be okay, young man?'€, one of them asked. '€œI think I'€™ll manage; thanks.'€, I replied. '€œAlright then, go over to the next room and you'€™ll find some clothing. Your super will meet you there'€. I stood up and walked to the next room.

Fast forward a few years. I'€™d just graduated the LSF academy, and was on my first mission with my superior officer. It was just a simple patrol through Texas; nothing to get too worked up about. There'€™d been some reports of Rheinlanders in the area, but we didn'€™t think much of it. We'€™d been patrolling the southern sectors of the system for some time now, and had gotten relaxed. Too relaxed. '€œSo, you got a wing in mind, boy? Don'€™t tell me you mean to stay under my command your whole life.'€, he asked me. '€œWell, I'€™ve been told Omega wing would be good for me. After all, there'€™s gotta be a reason the cloning mainframe gave me that ID.'€, I answered. '€œGood point; Good luck then. Actually, I was think- What the... Check your radar son, I think we may have some hostiles zeroing in'€. I checked my scanners, only to find a wing of heavily armed Wraiths opening fire on us. I pulled up as fast as I could, just barely missing the cannon fire; my super wasn'€™t as lucky. I looked back, only to find my super'€™s ship in pieces. Suddenly, a comm channel opened. '€œDu willst be next, Libertonian scumbag!'€, one of the pilots said in a heavy German accent. As I charged my cruise engines, I replied: '€œI swear to God, you will burn by my gunfire, Rheinlander.'€

Since then, I'€™d been living my life as part of the highly secret Omega wing. Actually, I probably shouldn'€™t be telling you this. I'€™d been living a life of hatred and revenge... Revenge against Rheinland.

***Playback ends...
***File ends...
***Mainframe shutting down...
***Signal lost.
Not too much interest in this I see but as I said, Wednesday's the day and Jezelle Harlock is the winner.

PM me the name of the character you want the money sent to.
//Okay, my English is far from perfect...but I hey, this idea is to nice, hehe

So, you really want to hear my story?
Pah! I hate talking about myself! This is something for selfish idiots! Awww, yeah okay, now that you ask that nice and offer me a Sidewinder Feng in exchange... Hell, I even don`t understand why a fool like me might be of your interests. Well, okay. So how did the stupid me, Mr. Hawkins, became a proud freelancer? Why would one allowe me to move tons heavy, million credit objects called spaceships into...well, space? I would say it was mostly luck...and irresponsible people, who finally gave me my flightliscence. Sure, I won`t cry about it. Flying a spaceship is a good job and a nice hobby! *chuckles*.
But enough, you wanted to hear a story, not nonsense philosophy.
To be honest, I know spacecrafts very well. Indeed, I even was made on one. Don`t you laugh! It´s true! My mother once had a passage on a Zoner freighter. It was under command of ,what a surprise, my dad. The ship was on the way from Planet Los Angeles to Freeport 7. Seems they pretty soon had a very good "relationship". From what I heared, even befor half of the way was done, I was...let`s say "in production". Maybe my father had corsair blood and was something like a space gigolo? Or maybe my mother just was nymphomanic...Who knows...anyways, aherm, after that little rendevouz on the ship (ironicly it`s name was "Virgo") my mother used to lived on Freeport 7. Seems she badly feld in love with my dad and hoped to be closer to him in working on a Zoner`s base. Well, that failed. He never visited Freeport 7 again. After nine months, I was born. Unfortunatly, my mother ,while being pregnant, lost all her money. Aswell, the love to my father during the long lasting nine months went from love to anger to hate. Due to that, she never found a true mother`s love for me. Barely one week old I suddently was left alone on the freeport, without any trace of her. She simply left me alone and ran away. Maybe with the next space gigolo captain, who know`s. Well, i might leave me alone aswell...for a hot corsair chicka, who knows. *smiles*...aherm...Fortunatly a nice zoner family cared for me. They became my only real family I ever had. My father was Captain of an exploration ship, my mother worked in the biodomes of the freeport. Also I had a brother, just two years older than me. The childhood on Freeport 7 was nice, maybe the best time in my life. Until 800 A.S.. I was eleven years old when it happened. My father once again had taken me with him on an expedition. We received the message when we were somewhere in the Tau systems. Feeport 7 had been destroyed by unknown enemys. My mother and my brother died there in flames. You cannot imagine how my dad and me feld when we received the message. The expedition was cancelled and, as my father alone wasn`t capable to care for me, he sent me to a college on Manhattan. As young boy with my background, time there wasn`t easy. Let`s say, even if you call me a bastard today, you get into serious troubble...aherm, well, hehe. Don`t ask me why! Simply don`t do it, okay!? Anyways. All that troubble in school got me to new troubble and this to another troubble and so on and so on. Ah chain of desaster and troubble, until I was twenty five years old. Finally I got myself up and looked back to the stars again. Ironicly, because my dad died by a refueling accident at Freeport 1. I was the only relative left and so with suddently owner of all his credits. As former member of a Zoner`s exploration wing, his income had been pretty well. Enough credits were left for me to pay for an official spacecraft certificate education. Some months ago i finally got the liscence and bought myself a cheap Starflier with the credits I had left. And hey, it was a good choice! Money is earned quick in space, aslong you know how to survive of course... Let`s just say, it all went very good for me. At last. The money is good out in space, the pride of myself is back again and challenges for a new sense of life aswell. All is shiney now! What? You don`t believe me? Why that? What do you mean with "I can see no single Starflyer in any docking bay here in Barrier Gate!" Pff!... Ignorant fool! Didn`t you hear my last words? IT ALL WENT VERY GOOD FOR ME! Is a Starflyer a ship for pilotes with succes? No! *shakes his head*Foolish question... *chuckles* Anyways, that`s my tale for now! You said something about that the next round would be on you... So... I take a Sidewinder Feng!...Aww no! Damnit, my last words really were like of a selfish idiot! Damnit! I am sorry!...Hey, but wait! I told you, I don`t want to tell anything about myself! Bad things happen when I do! Like now! Now i have to shame for my selfish ignorant last words! I hate to shame myself! Aww...What? no, I am not mad...or...oh wait!...Maybe just a bit drunken...damnit Sidewinder...good stuff! *burps* Well, anyways, cheers!...
Hey, do you see this chicka there sitting alone at the table in the corner? Wow, she is hot! Hehe I should ask her if she wants to go for a ride with me...the backseats of my Crow are pretty comfortable. Hehe you know what i mean!*laughs*...What? Haha! "don`t drink and fly!"...What a joke, sir!*chuckles*What a joke...
Umm...maybe you should post it to the Biography section and post link here only...Copy paste and edit this wall of text out.

:)
Hm, nomore other interesting storys?:(

For biography i might change some parts into more proper english befor dragging it there Vex, also add some of the storys I so far had on disco, might take some time, need muse for it hehe;)
Pages: 1 2