Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Shadows Transmission Bar needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The reward for this is an OSC Lux Liner can be sold for 100 million if you do so wish

What i would like is a bit of random innovation. I want you to make what you think would catch someones eye. But keep to a Shadow perspective.

A transmission incoming header and a Transmission Lost footer is needed. What i want thought is it to be for the entire faction. For mulitple people use since i need them for forum RP.

Cheers in advance. Ill rustle up a few mil to people who come as runners up.

Create what you think looks nice
[Image: top1d.png]

I do hope I've got my facts right and haven't gone too wrong with the concept...
Now, this is more or less of a draft, I have to take a look on it either way in daylight. So, yeah, feedback is always welcome so I know what to change and what else is required.

[Image: bottom1.png]
Wow that is amazing none the less.

Take away the black writing for the Shadow thing since it isnt really needed. Also could you replace the picture with

http://www.best-tattoos.cn/wp-content/uplo...angel_wings.jpg

That since its the symbol of the faction. The Word 'Lost' could the font be the same as transmission?

Apart from that great job.
Top:

[Image: top2.png]

Removed shadow, changed image, slight color corrections in places, corrected alignment and improved legibility of transmission text.

Bottom:

Hmm, both words actually are in the same font already (BlackChancery, to be exact). I made a few quick variations with different styles and layouts, let me know which of 4 (5) you find best.

[Image: bottomaltstyle.png]

[Image: bottomcenter.png]

[Image: bottomover.png]

[Image: bottomstyle.png]
2nd Transmission Lost is nice. I wanted the Transmission bars to be for all faction members. So replace the picture of Noctis with the faction symbol and that should be good. Waiting on other enteries to.
Ah, I see, I assumed that every character more or less has a profile picture already and you may wish to customize the bar for everyone. Should've cleared this from beginning, sorry.

If you only use one image, that brings up another matter: what with the text? If you don't edit the image, then To, From and Subject fields lose their point altogether, as they need to be changed from transmission to transmission.

So, alternatives are as follows:

1. Generic image in placeholder (where Noctis sits currently), generic text in text area (signal strength, decoding, and other spam; probably From: field, too, if you plan to have all transmissions to come from one source).
Pros: easy to start using for new members, easy to post.
Cons: needs all transmission details typed separately, all bars are identical.

2. Character-specific image with generic text. For new members, a few easy steps must be one to export a new bar for them with pic of their choice (.psd I can provide).
Pros: easy to identify who's the sender, easy to post
Cons: a bit of work for each new member, details still need to be typed separately.

3. Character specific image and text for each transmission embedded in the image.
Pros: no other details required separately, custom bar for each transmission
Cons: quite a lot of work of adding text and uploading image for each transmission. Requires an image-editing software and to have the font installed every time it's used.

I'd personally suggest options 1 or 2, depends how many members you have, whether they have character pictures and whether you have access to image-editing software (I can make bars for each current member with images provided, but you may wish to be able to work independently further on).

Till further notice I'll work on generic everything, to see how it looks.
[Image: shadowtrans.png]
For the pic Crusader could you put this in

http://www.best-tattoos.cn/wp-content/uplo...angel_wings.jpg

and for other stuff put Source: The Shadows

try putting a pruple haze around the symbol. I wanna see how it looks.
Replaced Noctis with that symbol with bit of purple on left, reverted to sword thingy on right. Some usual generic text.

[Image: top4l.png]

I tried animation, but .gifs hate semi-transparency, so it comes out weird for now.

[Image: topanim4.gif]

EDIT: solved most of the issues with edge pixels, at least for Blue Solution forum skin.

[Image: topanim5.gif]
Wow. Just Wow. Now lets see if Crusader can beat that.

That is just... *goes speechless*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5