Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Avid Airsofters Look here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Right.

So I am starting this because I am sure that more then a few of you play airsoft. Don't care if your entry level, intermediate, or pro, Airsofters alike are welcome.

Part of the reason I started this though is because I am looking to buy a new one, and with all the bureacracy surrounding the guns coming from china, I wanted input.

I currently run with the following setup:

Maruzen P99 Green Gas Pistol / Tokyo Marui .45 blowback green gas pistol.

Echo 1 POS plastic MP5K PDW / Classic Army M15A4 CQB SEAL, with upgrades, shoots 650 - 900 FPS...just not now cuz its in for repairs.

I have various others but thats what I am rolling with now.

I wanted to know about other good brands. My friend runs with ICS, and I have been looking at the KWA full metal line. Classic Army is predominantly having issues, and I don't trust ECHO 1 USA that much, basically because I consider most of their guns cheap POS.

I have also been looking at G&G. Tokyo Marui is just to dang overpriced for me to be overly interested at this time.

SO what do you use, and which brands do you like?
I'd honestly buy STAR from Ehobby Asia . It'll take a month or so to ship, but the prices and shipping are unmatched. STAR is also a very good company which I have had very good experience with. The body is solid and despite reviews, I've never had any problem with internals, but if you do, STAR has a reputation of appealing to collectors who like to gut the body and put in their own internals, so they're very accessible.

I've had the L85 by STAR for over a year now, and it is, by far, the best gun I have ever shot. The only problem I've had is that finding a sling for the bullpup is a pain and when fired on semi-auto it sometimes jams and you need to run a few rounds through on auto (so I just am very light on the trigger in auto). I cronoed at about 380-400 fps with 0.20g BBs, so, real powerful for the price. I use 0.25gs though. I can mostly outrange everyone on my team besides my brother with the thing anyway.

But that's mostly because he uses the M16 by STAR. It's a medium-weight rifle (for us, anyway), so about 7-10 pounds, but it's honestly the best rifle we've ever had. We use an optic which magnifies 4x and use semi-auto to basically play designated marksman and we're definitely accurate to that range. Seriously, so good of a rifle. We use 0.20s on it, though, because the hop up doesn't mess too much with accuracy.

I've also recently bought the M14 EBR Standard by STAR, and from the ~150 rounds I've put through it testing it and sighting in my optics and hop up, it seems really solid. I can give you a better review on Saturday after I use it, but from the way it feels and sounds (when fired), it seems really solid. Plus the automatic fire is wicked. If I tap the trigger like I did to fire on semi for the L85, 4 BBs pop out, so there's some serious power in this gearbox. Only problems I can see, though, is that the hop up is REALLY inaccessible (It's directly under my optic, since I had to use a separate mount to mount the scope I had) and hard to find, so adjusting it will be a pain, and it is one heavy beast (seriously, 13-15 pounds).

On another note, my brother and I have been looking into the L86 by STAR, but I have no clue how it is since I've never touched it.

Thing about, STAR, though is that there are rumors that ARES is going to stop producing for them, thus making the prices rocket. They're a very good company which makes a lot of models that no one else does, so collectors will wanna be all over these things if that happens. If any of the British stuff interests you, now is the time to buy so you're not spending $600-700 for the things.

Also, KWA has a new hop up design which requires you to run 1500-2000 BBs through it before it works right. Even when that happens, there's no guaruntee that the hop up will work. We recently bought an M4 by them, and we have ran over 5,000 rounds through it with hicaps, and the hop up works now, only it resets itself when you change a magazine. Honestly, unless you wanna fiddle with it forever, I'd stay away from KWA for now.

Hope that helps.:)
It does. I have heard of STAR, but I am not a fan of plastic guns.

Edit: WTF Star makes full metal guns...but doesn't include a 14mm ccw thread for after market parts on its m4....wtf

Double Edit: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/star-hong-k...irsoft-aeg.html <- Tempted to order this now...but I can't think of when I would actually use an m60 in game....

I am in process of negotiating a price for the Classic Army M15A4 CQB, which extended has an overall of 31ish inches. I am dreading the repair price for my other classic army in the shop. I too use .25s, but when I upgraded, I use .4s or .5s to reduce the velocity so I can play at indoor arenas.

Professionals with upgraded guns are often viewed as yuppies, or metagamers, and it annoys the living crap out of most of us who have been upgrading our guns for years.

Now...on another note, I am debating spending the 80 dollars on the Diamond Modular vest, or the new eusd or watever vest I saw on Evike.com...but I am tempted to drop a bill 30 for the USMC Force Recon CIRAS non ballistic, cuz it fits my style of play, and isnt real bulky.

Anyway i will update you when I actually get my guns, and If any of you are in Colorado, hit me up, If we can't get on a field, I can get us on dragonmans, or we have a plethora of national forest out here where we can play unrestricted.
When I get home from college I'll upload some pics of my weapons, my M4 which is modded to hell is in bits at the moment so I've got an old pic of that.:(
' Wrote:Double Edit: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/star-hong-k...irsoft-aeg.html <- Tempted to order this now...but I can't think of when I would actually use an m60 in game....

All the time? I know a guy who uses a SAW at every game. He loves it.

Also, I definitely live in Michigan, so we probably won't get to play anytime soon. I travel out East way more often than out West.:P

EDIT: Also, why focus on M4s? Everyone and his mother has an M4. >.>
I have lots and lots of guns XD I mainly use my

C96 pistol (Double Eagle, excellent hop up and range)
P226e Pistol (By SiG ARMS, best airsoft pistol I've ever used)
and my Modified CYMA SG 551 (Teflon taped the barrel segments and sealed it off with electric tap, put a larger air compression tube inside it to add power, and a tighter spring for even more power)

My SG 551 now fires with an effective range of easily 70 ft (over its original 15), with easily 400 fps. I fired it at my hand point blank (since the original setup was pathetic) and it ended up leaving a welt on my hand for a week ^^ Furthermore, I shot my metal park bench in my back yard form 30 ft away, it hit the bar, and bounced all the way back to me and landed at my feet.

I just need to paint it, and add some weights, and then my replicawill be complete ^^ And it only was a 20$ investment, over a 230$ purchase of a actual replica
' Wrote:All the time? I know a guy who uses a SAW at every game. He loves it.

Also, I definitely live in Michigan, so we probably won't get to play anytime soon. I travel out East way more often than out West.:P

EDIT: Also, why focus on M4s? Everyone and his mother has an M4. >.>

Because, I used to play tournament games, for scenarios's / speed ball. Since all my friends use high end M4's some one always had ammo.

I also like to be in the middle of the battle, not supporting from afar.

I will upload pics as soon as mine is back from the shop. I have been looking at getting the KWASR7 DEVGRU, because its a slightly smaller gun then mine.
Ruined my hobby a while ago.

http://www.airsoft-direct.co.uk/vcra.php

Basically, we can only own kiddy toys, painted bright colours.
Mitchie boy didn't I tell you the specs of my custom Assault rifle projects? Soon as I finish them the only Airsoft guns you're going to be buying is from me ;D
' Wrote:Because, I used to play tournament games, for scenarios's / speed ball. Since all my friends use high end M4's some one always had ammo.

I also like to be in the middle of the battle, not supporting from afar.

I will upload pics as soon as mine is back from the shop. I have been looking at getting the KWASR7 DEVGRU, because its a slightly smaller gun then mine.

Well, like I said, KWA has adopted a new hop up design and it's not the best. To quote my brother, who has been using one of their M4s for the past month "It's a pain." Didn't work for the first ~3,000 rounds, and for the past ~2,000, it's reset itself on reload. Not a fun prospect, at least not to me.

Also, support rifles can totally be in the middle of the fray. 5,000 round box mag definitely equates to lots of hurt on everyone. :P
Pages: 1 2 3