Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apocalypse2001 has been sanctioned for:

Quote:3.4 Threatening other players with reports and sanctions, attempting to pose as an Admin and using an Admin's name without permission is not allowed.

3.1 Using coarse language, posting abusive, hateful, racist content in chat, public or private is prohibited under any circumstances. Any kind of flaming, threatening or insulting language directed at other members, factions or server administrators in chat, public or private, is prohibited on server and on forums. RP-related threats are allowed on the server.

3.3 Out-of-character (OOC) chat must not be used in system or local chat. OOC communication in group or private chat between players will cease if one player requests it. Admins are free to communicate with any player at any time.

Consequences:

All of the money from that character is gone, your cargo hold now sports three sanction notices and nothing else and your guns have been taken.

Admin Link to Report

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised
that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions
up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other
legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
Requesting evidence, as he has applied to join Ageira.

Thanks,
Nitram
' Wrote:Apocalypse2001 has been sanctioned for:
Consequences:

All of the money from that character is gone, your cargo hold now sports three sanction notices and nothing else and your guns have been taken.

Admin Link to Report

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised
that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions
up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other
legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

This is Apocalypse2001: excuse me?? I never threatened anybody. Telling them I'm going to fill out a report with screenshots is NOT a threat. If they are afraid of the truth it is NOT my problem. If they were not guilty they would not have been afraid of what I was going to do. And if he told you otherwise, he is lying through his teeth.
And first of all, it was not just three sanctions IT WAS FOURTEEN!!! 14 sanctions for cursing once, and doing OOC twice?! What is going on?!
' Wrote:This is Apocalypse2001: excuse me?? I never threatened anybody. Telling them I'm going to fill out a report with screenshots is NOT a threat. If they are afraid of the truth it is NOT my problem. If they were not guilty they would not have been afraid of what I was going to do. And if he told you otherwise, he is lying through his teeth.
And first of all, it was not just three sanctions IT WAS FOURTEEN!!! 14 sanctions for cursing once, and doing OOC twice?! What is going on?!

Fourteen sanctions? Checked your hold and couldn't find any at this point.

Unfortunately, telling someone you are going to file a sanction on them is a threat, telling them to enjoy their time while it lasts because you are going to sanction them makes it moreso. This is your problem as it is not allowable under server rules. Neither is cursing or OOC both of which you did. All of the above compounded to lead to the sanction you now have.
' Wrote:Fourteen sanctions? Checked your hold and couldn't find any at this point.

Unfortunately, telling someone you are going to file a sanction on them is a threat, telling them to enjoy their time while it lasts because you are going to sanction them makes it moreso. This is your problem as it is not allowable under server rules. Neither is cursing or OOC both of which you did. All of the above compounded to lead to the sanction you now have.

I told them I would file a report. :rtfm:Not that I would file a report if they didn't apologize or didn't stop attacking without letting me speak. BIG DIFFERENCE. What, I am going to stand around and be bullied by someone who is breaking rules? :nono: Next thing you'll tell me is that I should just sit there and take the abuse. RP IS REQUIRED FOR IT NOT TO BE BREAKING RULES!!! Since he didn't give me the opportunity to speak, and there was no dialogue during the attack, HE WAS BREAKIN SERVER RULES!! It's that simple!!
Perhaps you should open an old dictionary and actually look at what 'threaten' means. First of all, it was not a threat because I was too weak to defend myself. Second, it was not a threat because I WAS ACTUALLY GOING TO FILE THE REPORT. And I did. Since none of my words indicated a deterant, IT WAS NOT, BY DEFINITION, A THREAT!
Telling someone it was wrong to tell the other player about the report is fascist. If I didn't do it, I would have been accused of going behind someones back! --- I don't do that!! :angry2:I am either straight with somebody or I stab them in the back like a scorned little woman. I think it's pretty clear I am not guilty of the latter.
And why wasn't he punished???????? :dry:
Considering the fact that I have a screen-shot that show fourteen sanctions, I think that my eyes are just fine, thank you very much. (What, should I have kept the sanctions in my hold? Am I going to be punished for that too?!). And as I said, that's an abuse of power, and going waaaay overboard with punishment. I don't care what the system is showing you. I know what I saw with my eyes. And I have a witness who actually read the sanctions! I suppose that's part of my imagination too? Oh wait! Maybe I'm delusional! :crazy:
I <strike>believe</strike> know I am correct. And I will defend myself when necessary. Too many times have I been detered by people in 'power' from defending myself like I'm supposed to, and trying to make me feel guilty that I'm trying to protect myself during an injustice. No longer will I allow myself to be humiliated and pounded into the ground because I was defending myself.
Okay, I will try to clear a few things up. Ignore the number of sanction notices in your hold. The total number of these is not relevant and does not mean anything.

Here's a summary of the chat log from the situation:
Quote:Other player: Halt!
Other player: Wait!
<in group> Your friend: Do we have to stop now?
<in group> You: not unless he fires
Other player: There's a price on ya load!
You: attention <other player> toward ny jump gate!
You: he have not state your intention
Other player: Halt then!
Other player: Ya being tolled! 2 million credits
You: <other player> is in violation of server rules
You: "something about sex with mothers". I told you you were in violation of server rules!!!! you never state your intentions and just opned fired"
You: Have a nice time while it lasts <other player>, i'm reporting you for a sanction

Analysing the different parts:

The other player clearly made a demand for you to stop.
Quote:Other player: Halt!
Other player: Wait!
and
Quote:Other player: Halt then!
Other player: Ya being tolled! 2 million credits

The other player role played
Quote:Other player: There's a price on ya load!
+the bits prior.

You didn't even try to role play, you swore at the other player, rule lawyered and and this last bit is definitely a threat to get a player sanctioned. This is not allowed.
Quote:You: "something about sex with mothers". I told you you were in violation of server rules!!!! you never state your intentions and just opned fired"
You: Have a nice time while it lasts <other player>, i'm reporting you for a sanction

You proceeded to rule lawyer the other player via PM. Your behaviour was very poor. Do not repeat this. No player should have to put up with the abuse that came from you.
' Wrote:<in group> You: not unless he fires
Other player: There's a price on ya load

What?! ignore it?? IGNORE IT?! Please don't patronize me and try to placate me by disregarding evidence when it is convienient for all of you. I have NEVER disregarded anything that is relevant. I am not some bullied child who continuously uses fallacies and reification to try and 'support' his side because of emotional damage; my mind is completely clear. And you know very well that it matters.

Hmmm, "isn't relevant" and "does not mean anything." Well I must have missed grammer school, because you are saying that things labeled as 'sanctions' are not relevant to a sanction post??? Aaaaaalright. :wacko: I guess MY logic is faulty. 'Sanction' and 'sanction' don't mean the same thing in two different places. Interesting logic. ----

After the second line is when he started firing. Then I asked for help.
Saying there is a price on my load is not a reason, and does not state intention. His intention(s) was/were not clear AT ALL. It is despicable to castrate someone and fire on them because they called for help.
Firing on someone before the other person could react [type], is not proper procedure! He started firing after I called for help. How exactly is he NOT guilty for that????????????!! That was rhetorical by the way.
And since my eidetic memory serves me correctly, server rules state that, when someone tries to flee, THEY ARE NO LONGER APART OF THE FIGHT. Which means the other person needs to stop firing and in turn stop persuing!!
If you bothered to look at my history, you would know that IN ALL THIS TIME, the only time something like this has ever happened, was with the player you refuse to mention.
To conclude, please don't ever use clever reification to put words in my mouth. If you want me to come correct, as the African folk in North America, say, I expect you to do the same. I never said "something about sex with mothers". What the hell does that mean?!
And about your second last sentence: why, AGAIN, am I guilty of something I haven't done yet??????? This is rhetorical also.
' Wrote:What?! ignore it?? IGNORE IT?! Please don't patronize me and try to placate me by disregarding evidence when it is convienient for all of you. I have NEVER disregarded anything that is relevant. I am not some bullied child who continuously uses fallacies and reification to try and 'support' his side because of emotional damage; my mind is completely clear. And you know very well that it matters.

Hmmm, "isn't relevant" and "does not mean anything." Well I must have missed grammer school, because you are saying that things labeled as 'sanctions' are not relevant to a sanction post??? Aaaaaalright. :wacko: I guess MY logic is faulty. 'Sanction' and 'sanction' don't mean the same thing in two different places. Interesting logic. ----

After the second line is when he started firing. Then I asked for help.
Saying there is a price on my load is not a reason, and does not state intention. His intention(s) was/were not clear AT ALL. It is despicable to castrate someone and fire on them because they called for help.
Firing on someone before the other person could react [type], is not proper procedure! He started firing after I called for help. How exactly is he NOT guilty for that????????????!! That was rhetorical by the way.
And since my eidetic memory serves me correctly, server rules state that, when someone tries to flee, THEY ARE NO LONGER APART OF THE FIGHT. Which means the other person needs to stop firing and in turn stop persuing!!
If you bothered to look at my history, you would know that IN ALL THIS TIME, the only time something like this has ever happened, was with the player you refuse to mention.
To conclude, please don't ever use clever reification to put words in my mouth. If you want me to come correct, as the African folk in North America, say, I expect you to do the same. I never said "something about sex with mothers". What the hell does that mean?!
And about your second last sentence: why, AGAIN, am I guilty of something I haven't done yet??????? This is rhetorical also.

Your sanction at this point has been reviewed by at least four admins.

We go on the evidence presented to us in the screen shots - Your screen shots actually. The rules do not say a person has to state their intention, it says a person has to Role Play and make some kind of demand before engaging - engagements must come from Role Play. We looked at the evidence and deemed that he had done so. There was no role play from you at all, you went OOC, swore and threatened a sanction. These are the things you have been sanctioned for and the evidence for these infractions is fairly clear cut.

The sanction stands as it is. I would advise you to accept it and move on.
' Wrote:Your sanction at this point has been reviewed by at least four admins.

We go on the evidence presented to us in the screen shots - Your screen shots actually. The rules do not say a person has to state their intention, it says a person has to Role Play and make some kind of demand before engaging - engagements must come from Role Play. We looked at the evidence and deemed that he had done so. There was no role play from you at all, you went OOC, swore and threatened a sanction. These are the things you have been sanctioned for and the evidence for these infractions is fairly clear cut.

The sanction stands as it is. I would advise you to accept it and move on.

:dry: 1) conveniently ignoring certain details, 2) using reification to make sanction seem logical, and 3) Using fallacies to present a faulty one-sided-evidence-gathering report.
I can't argue with someone who has blinders on.
This rendered-one-sided discussion is over.
' Wrote::dry: 1) conveniently ignoring certain details, 2) using reification to make sanction seem logical, and 3) Using fallacies to present a faulty one-sided-evidence-gathering report.
I can't argue with someone who has blinders on.
This rendered-one-sided discussion is over.

And so it is.

Carrying on here is not helping your case.
As i said, the evidence has now been looked at by 5 admins. We are all in agreement. Please obey the rules here and play nicely. Thankyou.