Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: OC BS vs 2 IMG Carriers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey
so the situation is like follows

TOM has Outcast BS and he is willing to help a strike force in tau 23 he goes to system with some friends they start fighting and TOM starts fight with BOB and JOHN - they have both IMG Carriers. TOM thinks he is well prepaired to shoot them down so he starts the battle BUT BOB and JOHN has a tactic of making TOM follow them while they atack him from 4-5K distance with their Mortars ... TOM is not going to run cause he is better and he manages to take both of BOB and JOHNs shields and manages to hit the Hulls and BOB and JOHN fail to aim on TOM. So TOM after about 1.5 hour running around the system shooting Mortars at them is tired of all this running game he tries to ask BOB and JOHN to atack him and face him in combat not just run and keep him on distance but they refuse and in the end they stop near the station of BMM .... TOM knows their plan to make him come near base and get some damage from the station defences so he decides to go and help the rest of outcasts fighting near Java of course he tell JOHN and BOB that they are cowards and are avoiding battle so he is going to help where someone else is going to actualy fight not just run - JOHN AND BOB stays near the BMM station and TOM goes near JAVA so the distance between them is more than 10k
question is - WHO IS CONSIDERED FLEEING HERE? cause making more than 10k distance is considered fleeing if I remember well. In the end TOM goes to other outcasts and he helps them than leaves the system - IS HE ALLOWED TO ENTER the TAU 23 and strike again or not? I would ask for some Admin word in here.

5.6 Fleeing in combat counts as a PVP death. Fleeing is:

a) Docking with a jump gate, station or tradelane;
b) Moving more than 10km from the fight.

5.7 A player who was killed in a PvP fight must not enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) until four hours have passed from the time of his/her destruction.

I would like to ask the pilots who will obiously know who I am refering as JOHN and BOB to not speak in here - I don't want to argue around here with anyone. I am well aware of all rules on the server and I personaly think that TOM in this situation is fleeing although it is unfair cause he isnt the one that was avoiding the battle he was trying to catch the running carriers but they refused to fight him in open on close range ... but on the other hand TOM was the one atacking so if BOB and JOHN didn't want to fight in close combat and let TOM go away and fight others than them then I see that they are the ones who are fleeing. Cause they do not want to fight TOM they are just defending themselfs.

I would also like to ask that noone here will tell the tactic WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MAKE THEM COME CLOSER - their tactic was to keep me on distance and I wasn't going to chase them on Cruise and come in fight without power when I am facing nearly same class ships and there are 2 of them. So please only the answers about the situation and about fleeing.

Thank you.

PS: Also I do not ask it to make anykind of report or something I just want to know it for another time I would be in such situation.
My 2 cents.

They fled to a base but didn't dock.
Which according to the rules means they didn't run
But in RP they ran off.

Warning: I'm gonna Q_Q now a lot....
But since I surely don't like those 2 fellas because they engaged me with their 2 zephies while I was sitting in my bomber and also saw both of them swap chars from 1 Transport and 1 gunboat to 2 gunboats and then to 2 Zephies just to get rid of 1 bomber.
You were the one who fled.

Also, it's vary bad form to powergame blowing holes in java station.

I did that to make those carriers to stand up and defend the station and their respond was that they are going to destroy our base than ... so I am going to ignore the powergamin thingy you have just told and I am waiting for response from admin crew about who fleed in this situation.
just to add to what I have said in first post - I have never used Cruise in that situation - so they could easily chase me and continue the fight and I told them that I am going to help other outcasts in their fight so they SHOULD try to stop me so I cannot back up my friends - They did nothing they just stood there and waited and I think that in this particular situation THEY are the ones that fleed or at least I shouldn't be considered fleeing cause none of the fighting groups - won or failed. I started the battle and I ended it - it wasn't fleeing it was more like being tired and bored of the fight which they have no intention to continue - if they had such intention they would chase me at least.
Don't worry they were fighting.....once you left. they were trying to solarize my sabre, i bet we would managed to take them down with falcon, his snac and my inferno.
In all honesty this is one of those ambiguous things which should be left to trust and consideration between players. Technically, the Battleship ran from the fight. The fight was still going on and the Battleship decided to leave. That is running from the fight. However, the Carriers should really have known that there was a fight going on at Java and thought "Hey, he's probably going there, lets all just get along and brawl there." and given everyone the benefit of the doubt. They were kind of running themselves to run to the station like that, but technically, the Battleship ran.

And by the way, 2 Carriers would probably get eaten by a Battleship that is better armed at close range, which is why they used tactics to their advantage to shell the Battleship from a distance, which is what they can do to kill Battleships. That's just kind of the tactic to use. The way to win that fight in the Battleship is to Cruise right up to them and lay down some hurt before they can cruise away to more than 2k. It works best with someone else who has a CD. That's really the only thing you can do.

EDIT: Also, the station really should have shot at them...
yeah I forgot about the IMG - BMM case - they were sitting just outside the base and it wasn't even shooting at them and acording to this :

http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?titl...ayer_faction%29
and this:

Independent Miners Guild Guard ID
From Discovery Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Pilot carrying this ID is a member of the Independent Miners Guild, who :

] Cannot participate in any unlawful actions except against BMM, Daumann and Kruger in Omegas and Taus only.

base should be shooting on IMG guys and it didn't - they excuse - that BMM doesn't like outcasts more that's why it wasn't shooting them OR us cause we were out of its range and they were standing just outside of it.
they got repninja'ed because otherwise the IMG would be shot in the Bretonian house by everyone once he met a BMM NPC or BMM base.

Although i would wish all BMM bases outside house space could still be enemy to the IMG.
But that is probably not possible.
Summary: Why wont the light battleships stand up and fight the heavy battleship toe to toe like men?

Quick answer: Because that would be silly.
Pages: 1 2 3