Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Invisible Ship?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw an invisible ship today- listed on ID card as a Council Train or something like that.
Recorded on XFire.
Was that a bug, or should I report it as a 2.1 violation?
Could you see turrets, lights, etc.? If that's the case, then your graphics settings might be too low, so make sure everything's set to maximum, otherwise I'm not sure what it could be
' Wrote:Could you see turrets, lights, etc.? If that's the case, then your graphics settings might be too low, so make sure everything's set to maximum, otherwise I'm not sure what it could be

Yes, turrets and lights were visible. So then it sounds like it was from my end.
Happened to me once when I saw DarkStar's Umbrage. The ship itself was invisible, but turrets, lights etc. were still floating there. At first I thought that the Phantoms had finally managed to get a cloaking device or something.

Turns out it was because I had my graphics settings lowered at the time. Some non-vanilla ships disappear when your Object Detail setting is too low.
There's two possibilities- either your graphics settings aren't at maximum, which causes a lot of disco ships to vanish, or it's a rare texture bug. I'm not sure where the bug originates, but the last time I saw one it was a Council cruiser that no one else could see either (except the guy flying it). Turrets were visible too, targeting and hitbox worked fine, and the thruster was really easy to SNAC:P

It's very unlikely that it's a cheat- the server feeds you data about the ship, and your computer renders it. No texture information is sent from their computer (which is also how you can do cosmetic changes "safely" and only have them appear on your end if you really know what you're doing).

Council doesn't have their own transport, was it perhaps one of their capital ships? I vaguely recall Doom looking into some sort of glitch with the Council textures, any data on possibly related bugs might be helpful.
Nah you cant,
As its a bug, offten happens with train, Advance trains & Battleships at the time of unDocking or jumping.....

You can see it as invisible as the player who ows the ships is also got the same.....

Its not related to graffix setting..

Quote:It's very unlikely that it's a cheat- the server feeds you data about the ship, and your computer renders it. No texture information is sent from their computer (which is also how you can do cosmetic changes "safely" and only have them appear on your end if you really know what you're doing).

Its not the cheat, but as A&L always says "Search is you friend"

You can find more threads regarding this bug, its normal & happens with my trains to often.....

Edit :- its not possible that player who ows the ship can see the ship & You wont means invisible for you....
Happens sometimes. With ATI card something could be messed as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsnC9a1tPFU

look at Crete
I have the same problem on my laptop, pretty much every ship is not much more then some flying guns and lights. Seems to be caused by the graphic settings and the graphic card which cant deal with low settings for freelancer:P
Shouldnt be something you should be worried about.
tweak your graphics settings until ships just appear: you may need to reset the view distance down to low or it
will

cause

horrendous

lag

and

then

your

computer

dies