Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: PLEASE help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just recently needed to reinstall Freelancer/Discovery etc. and because of this I can't login online with my last character unless I have a copy of the ID code...which I don't:(...

Is there ANY other way of retrieving this code??

Thanks to any help
' Wrote:I have just recently needed to reinstall Freelancer/Discovery etc. and because of this I can't login online with my last character unless I have a copy of the ID code...which I don't:(...

Is there ANY other way of retrieving this code??
Thanks to any help
u and me both dude im stil waiting
No there is not.

However, if you remember the name of the character, you can ask an admin to set a code on it so you can move it to your new account.
' Wrote:No there is not.

However, if you remember the name of the character, you can ask an admin to set a code on it so you can move it to your new account.

thats gay...don't the admins have a record of these id's somewhere?

' Wrote:u and me both dude im stil waiting

damn..how long have you been waiting?..are you waiting for a reply about it or actually getting your id code retrieved?
A record of all the codes, Oh that would be so much fun, I dont think so by the way.
Admins can do that. They can see all characters per name, they can copy your character to a new one, generally they can help you, but there are thousands of characters. Everyone is responsible for his own character. If you lost it, that is your loss. Unless you find an Admin, ask him politely, and he will help you.
Hew friends, could you please help me with similar issue :
I want to reinstall my Windows (moving from XP to Seven) and I don't know how to find my ID number and to keep my character???:$

Pls tell me where to find instruction for this.:rolleyes:

Thanks
' Wrote:Hew friends, could you please help me with similar issue :
I want to reinstall my Windows (moving from XP to Seven) and I don't know how to find my ID number and to keep my character???:$

Pls tell me where to find instruction for this.:rolleyes:

Thanks

Go to your freelancer folder
And then to the folder "EXE"
There should be some file named FLID or something like it.
It will show you your Freelancer ID.
Write the number down.

When you have freelancer re-installed and go to multiplayer freelancer gives you a screen where you get a new FL ID.
Do NOT click create but delete the new code and replace it with your old code and then click create again.
Hew I found it. Instruction for keeping ID are in "installation forum".

Big thanks to Cannon and aerelm for this info !!!
:yahoo:
' Wrote:don't the admins have a record of these id's somewhere?

No we do not, that code is yours, and yours alone.