Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship im working on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well ive wanted to model this ship for a while. Just gonna poke in and post it here.

3 4ths

left side

back

front

Ive taken a design from somewhere and mashed it into a more freelancer friendly model, working on kicking the crap out of the texture to match the models cosmetic changes. Having some problems with that texture actually showing up correctly, so im pausing to share what i have done so far.

Day 1 in gmax was the model. Day 2, today, starting the texture. Learning all of it as i go, again.... I miss my old milkshape key:(

*EDIT*

Its not a battleship, at most its a destroyer, at least a cruiser. Target would be a battlecruiser for a kusari corporation, or corporation that resides in kusari space. Mad points for anyone that recognizes it:D
That's a very nice-looking cruiser, Unit. What's with the funny red knobbly-thingy on the bow, though?

As to who could use it...hmm. Samura? No Samura factions, though. In fact, do we have any Kusari corporate factions at all? Hmm...that's a tough one. I'm not sure who would use it, but with a ship that has as much potential as this one, we'll find someone needing a cruiser.

Or...maybe a super-duper armored transport? Tough and agile, with a relatively small hold?

Or add lots of windows and make it the new Kusari liner?
It looks cool.. Except for this hat.. Is that a hat? (This red thing?)
The rest of the ship is great.
Oh yes, and a flag behind the hat.:)
I even thought about suggesting it as a kusari police cruiser, but i think they just use the navy ships.

The red object will look better once the texture is fixed. Im not sure at all what it was originally on the design im using. Probably a sensory array of some kind, Radar or something.

Not as much of the front will be red. The colors are going to get alot darker too. Hoping on finding out why my textures are messed up soon, then ill get back to work on it.
It reminds me of the Bounty Hunter Battleship...interesting model, though I think the bow needs more development (and lose that big red thign.)
the big red thing is... at best completely pointless, at worse, it's really ugly
The flag is funny so I'd keep it just because it would amuse me everytime I go in turret view

Otherwise, fine model. But to which faction? Or, which faction needs it?
GMG need ships...
hm... then maybe giving it a more kusari oriented texture would be nice since GMG is mostly formed of Kusari gas miners, right?
It does look rather Kusari-ish, maybe a Hogosha cruiser for the bosses?
Sweet! Nike came out with a new shoe! :crazy:
Just kidding. Looks nice. Oh and I could 'locate' a key for you...
Pages: 1 2