Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Allo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, Straws here. I like soccer, gaming, sports, movement, tv, movies, chocolate (derp) and lately ALOT of sleeping. [expunged some overly personal info]. I own steam and play it under the same name. I have also been rping in gmod for around 2 years now, so have a good view of RP (or atleast what is acceptable over there [srs hl2 rp mostly])

I found this mod a while back and loved it, but looong story short couldn't play it anymore. I have finally decided I wan't to play this again:D
Way back when I first found this I didn't really want to play online (can't remember why) so I never did. Only now (after looking through the forums) do I realise what I missed.
HEllo O_O Welcome to disco Big Man
Hey there, welcome and never mind the drama queens.
Ehm. I don't know what I've done wrong, but heres the pic. [Image: 4_FLMM%204.84.jpg]I'm pretty sure I've stuffed up somewhere somehow, or 4.85 has been renamed to 4.84 for some crazy reason.
If anyone can give me a complete list of things needed to download and/or a walk through or basic overview of how to do stuff, that would be awesome. Currently I have downloaded the 4.85 thing from the link at homepage (from modDB) and FLMM 1.31 from this http://igx89.home.comcast.net/~igx89/FLM...loads.html

EDIT: WAAAIT! I think I'm a moron, don't help me yet. Might have found problem

EDIT 2: Well that didn't work. It says
"problem activating 'Discovery Mod v4.85'
Look in the log for more details
Do you wish to restore backups? (strongly recommended)"
I read somewhere that you shouldn't restore backups, so I click no. [Image: 8_FLMM%204.85.jpg] So yes, please help me :<
'Ello ^^

Free banana's from the 'bananasalesmen' in New York for the civilians only.
You may need to do a fresh install of Freelancer, Mod Manager and the mods. No guarantees, but that worked for me when I had the same error message.
' Wrote:EDIT 2: Well that didn't work. It says
"problem activating 'Discovery Mod v4.85'
Look in the log for more details
Do you wish to restore backups? (strongly recommended)"
I read somewhere that you shouldn't restore backups, so I click no. [Image: 8_FLMM%204.85.jpg] So yes, please help me :<

As you seem to be running Vista/7, run FLMM as Admin (by right clicking on the FLMM icon and selecting "Run as Administrator" in case you didn't know), that should fix it, as this seems to be a rather common problem (one I myself had when starting out).

Also, welcome to Discovery.
Im singing and dancing around my computer at the moment. 2 years of anger at it not working and 4 hours of hard and boring work have finally payed off, all signs point to HELL YES ITS WORKING. Can't wait to rip into this, thanks to everyone who helped:D(pretend that smiley is bigger, because the eye to mouth size ratio smile on my face is bigger than the one on the screen.)
[Image: bendy_straws.jpg]

You're not alone!
Welcome.
Pages: 1 2