Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: No longer lurking in the background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello all.

I have been lurking in the background for a month or so, and thought that it was time to introduce myself.
I first played Freelancer a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed it, but eventually got fed up with the single player game and didn't have internet access to try online gaming. I kept saying that I was going to get rid of my copy of the game, but never did.

A couple of months ago, I decided to play it again to see how dated it had become an maybe try out a few mods. I liked the 'Monkey Universe' and 'The Next Generation' mods, but then I hit the jackpot when I tried the Discovery 4.85 mod. Love it :yahoo:

I have played a few throw-away characters to experiment with, miners, traders, etc and finally settled on building a more permanent character as a Bounty Hunter, which has been a challenge as I am definitely not the greatest of fighter pilots.

However, now that I starting to take a more interactive part in the game and hopefully as a part of the online community, rather than hiding on the fringes, I decided to introduce myself and my new character. The Bearbarian
And another Bear joins the fold. Welcome to the club mate, enjoy your stay.
Bear invasion...

*screams*

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!

ow wait... hunter you said?

Welcome!
Hey SeaFalcon,

There are Bear Hunters and ther are Bearhunters.

[Image: BearWarningSign.jpg]
Remember Sicarius.Spatha? the IMG Mercenary infront of Sheffield Station? :crazy:

We made some duels there
Another bear?!... I'll need a tranquilliser rifle then!

And welcome to Disco!
' Wrote:Remember Sicarius.Spatha? the IMG Mercenary infront of Sheffield Station? :crazy:
We made some duels there

Ah yes, I remember it well.

You disappeared off to eat before I got a chance to thank you and offer to pay you for the bats/bots you allowed me to use.

Thanks to the tips I picked up from you, I went back to Kusari and met up again with the Blood Dragons who had been kicking my butt. I took great pleasure in selling their worthless carcasses in Fuchu Prison.

Thanks mate. :D
' Wrote:Another bear?!... I'll need a tranquilliser rifle then!
And welcome to Disco!

Forget the rifle, just take the tranquillisers. :lol:

Glad to be here.
*goes to get a magnum sniper rifle* Hii
' Wrote:*goes to get a magnum sniper rifle* Hii

noeh noe... we need bombers for this one.
Pages: 1 2 3