Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello All
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After a lot of time spent behind stock Freelancer, and then disseminating the myth among my friends that if won't run on Vista/7, I have finally joined Discovery. I am thoroughly enjoying the mod so far, and I look forward to exploring more of it. I'm still working out the details of an RP, but I have a basic idea and will throw down some notes below, just in case someone from here comes across my poor tin can. They're still subject to change, but it's an idea anyway and open to suggestions as well.

See you all in space.

RP Details
Name: Joao da Silva
Callsign: Diomedes
Affiliation: Freelancer

History: -From a small family tracing back to the Hispania, but too proud to fall into the criminal patterns of either Corsairs or Outcasts.
-Despite this, the family has at times kept ties with the Corsairs. They are the closest thing left to blood kin.

-Joao himself has flown in many different roles from the time he was still a kid, most notably beside Order and legitimate Rheinland forces during the Nomad conflict. For a short time he even flew as a Rheinlander pilot, most known for his victory over a full squadron of Sabres while piloting a Banshee.
-Shortly after the main conflict ended, Joao flew as part of a scouting mission into unknown space. Ambushed by nothing short of a Nomad battle group, the scouting party was luck to escape as they did, splashing down on a habitable planet right on the edge of known space.
-Joao has only recently returned to civilized Sirius, and is again building a reputation.

Motivations:
-Generally lawful and just. Well, more just than lawful. Able to see both sides of a conflict.
-Really just out there to survive, live well and turn a profit if he can. Enjoys exploring the breadth of Sirius just to see what he can find.
-Will weigh in on political conflicts at times, but carries no hard official affiliations.

Notable Relations:
-Tries to stay in the good books of the major houses (Gallia not counting since it's unknown). However, if forced to Joao would be most sympathetic to Rheinland, then Bretonnia.
-Not admired of the major trading corps. Will help people he knows in them, or work for pay but generally won't go out of his way to further their interests.
-Will in general help out other independents and traders. Regards piracy as a sad, and easy way out.
-Has had contact on and off with the Corsairs. Was even able to fly a Titan for a time. Whether the Corsairs remember Joao or not, who is to know?
-Has very personal grudges against the Hessians and Junkers.

So that's about what I've got. Again, feedback is welcome.
Yee, Prolly Won' see you in space,

Anyways Good luck,

Have fun, and enjoi.
Welcome!!!

Nice to see you Jumping into RP your fit right in here.
' Wrote:Welcome!!!

Nice to see you Jumping into RP your fit right in here.

Yeah, sign of a soon to be awesome player:D.

Welcome from me.
Cool idea with teh RP on begin....I have a good feelings 'bout this one.Anyways, Enjoy your stay and have fun And watch out for my Broadsword sitting on trade lanes..
Welcome and have fun.. check the links in my Sig
Thanks for the welcome.
Sounds like somebody Scott Robinson would like, apart from the Rheinland part. At any rate, great job and I'm sure you'll do very well here. See ya in space:)
Welcome.
Gidday
Pages: 1 2