Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bounty Board Regulations discussion thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
*waves*

Hey guys. There's something that I wanted to clarify as the dude looking over the warp and weft of the bounty boards.

If a lawful group sponsors a blanket bounty and they state that the BHG is eligible to claim it, BHG/Core ID'd pilots do not need to individually register to claim.

The registration process is reserved entirely for Freelancer/Merc ID pilots. The guild has its own RP, rep and so on. They get a free ride for the rest of the annoying paperwork.

So, in short: If a bounty states BHG can claim, all you need is the ID. Proof of ID may still be demanded, so be sure you've got that one included in there somewhere.

If a bounty poster wishes to restrict the bounty to specific parties (Say the BHG|) they will need to state as much.

Falsly claiming to be a member of the BHG will have hilarious results.

Claiming unlawful bounties as a member of the BHG will have equally, if not more so, hilarious results.

Edit: I wonder how many of you read the topic title and had the flame reply halfway written:D
I 'ave a question! Quick one!

If I am a Bounty Hunter, isn't it obvious I am in a good relations with the House I want to work for?
Well, except Kusari, we don't even go there.

For example, if Liberty offers a bounty on pirates and asks for reputation proof, do I, as a Bounty Hunter, have to prove my good reputation towards them?
Because it's obvious.
Not usually. If the faction requests it though, you do.
my face state:
Entering topic: :mellow:
Reading the *waves* part: :rolleyes:
Reading on::)
Came at the point of hilarious results::D

Yes, the less paper work the better.
This is really cool.
Yeah, but they always do, that's why I'm asking.
And I don't know if that is for Freelancer/Mercenary ID'd people only, which would be logical, or even Bounty Hunters have to prove it.

Bounty Hunter Guild is a faction that is by default in good relations with Liberty, Rheinland and Brettonia.
I can't, as a Bounty Hunter, work against Liberty. Ever.
So, why should I have to prove my reputation then?
It's like a MM~ having to prove their good reputation with the Outcasts.
Thanks anyway.
' Wrote:Yeah, but they always do, that's why I'm asking.
And I don't know if that is for Freelancer/Mercenary ID'd people only, which would be logical, or even Bounty Hunters have to prove it.

Bounty Hunter Guild is a faction that is by default in good relations with Liberty, Rheinland and Brettonia.
I can't, as a Bounty Hunter, work against Liberty. Ever.
So, why should I have to prove my reputation then?
It's like a MM~ having to prove their good reputation with the Outcasts.
Thanks anyway.
I mean, unless they specifically ask you for your reputation, you generally don't need to give it to them.

Pretty much the original post states; If you're indy BHG, you do not need to register on any bounty boards that list Bounty Hunters as an authorized bounty taker. So if they say;

"Freelancers, Mercenaries, BHG, X factions allowed to claim this bounty"

You do not have to register prior to actually hunting and killing the bounty targets. Only Freelancer and Mercenary ID'd pilots must register before being able to take the bounty.

If, when claiming a bounty in this situation, the bounty issuer specifically addresses you and asks for a screenshot of your reputations, then you must supply it.
Okay, clarified, thanks a bunch!
I thought BHG-Core no longer did any bounty hunting... (leaving that to the BHG, instead...)
Who said anythin' bout the Core?
Guild is what I meant.
As a couple of points of clarification...

The relationship between the BHG| and Kusari is NOT the same as the relationship between regular bounty hunters and Kusari. The official faction DOES have a contract that allows them to do some limited hunting in certain areas of Kusari space.

Also, the BHG|Core CAP ships don't do bounty hunting as a general rule. The BHG|Core fighter, bomber, and gunboat class ships can do bounty hunting, they're just normally too busy with regular |Core business. (But as an example, right now the 33rd and Moray squadrons are operating in Omega-7 to help with the piracy issue.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4