Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Affiliation..?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How does affiliation (alignments and factions, both NPC and PC) work?

I've been trying to move my Police affiliation to something more proper (like Freelancer, or Bounty Hunter) but as I continue to do missions, nothing actually changes. What's the deal, here..?

Also, some factions start out as simply being hostile.. How does one go about making them neutral (or friendly), should one decide to go Outcast for example..? You can't land on a hostile base, so that leaves bribes and missions out..?
Well the rep obviously changes to what missions you take for a certain faction. Also remember that shooting a Liberty Rogue affects more then just 1 rep, it changes the rep to friendlier status for say, LPI, LFS, Lib Navy, Bounty hunters and others hostile to them

And vice-versa, so shooting a Liberty Rogue makes sure Outcasts hate you more etc etc.

Getting friendlier isnt that hard. 2 ways of doing it quickly, shooting NPC's hostile to the one you are trying to get friendly with. And bribing, now bribing should still be possible, since most Freeports and even some other bases sell bribes for anyone, example FP10 has bribes for Zoners/BHG/Outcast and some more. Just look around, visit bars you come across and take your pick for who to shoot.

Good luck
As i have learned by myself, you have to take missions of the LPI. Best would be person killing, person arresting and contraband destroying missions. When you launch, abort the mission, this lowers your rep to LPI.
You can do this with all factions, til you got what you want.

The TAG will change until your actual factions rep will decrease to nearly neutral.

Respectful
AoM
' Wrote:As i have learned by myself, you have to take missions of the LPI. Best would be person killing, person arresting and contraband destroying missions. When you launch, abort the mission, this lowers your rep to LPI.

The TAG will change until your actual factions rep will decrease to nearly neutral.

Respectful
AoM

Good said AoM;)

Well i recommend to all who makes new chars o cancel right away LPI and navy missions, so you will be lot easier to get wanted reputation and NPC wont kill ya if you dont shoot them :D
' Wrote:As i have learned by myself, you have to take missions of the LPI. Best would be person killing, person arresting and contraband destroying missions. When you launch, abort the mission, this lowers your rep to LPI.

Respectful
AoM

You dont have to launch for that, you can simply accept a mission, press F6 (nav-map) and abort mission there. Saves you the time of undocking, docking and walking back into the bar.

EDIT: Dboy made a quick-guide for these things, if only someone knew where the links are ^^
Thats the one, thank you Praetyre
Well...

I've been trying to acquire the Kishiro Technologies tag for about a day and a half, now..

Sadly though, everytime I attack ships/intentionally fail missions to lose my reputation with the current affiliated faction another faction randomly replaces it.

Kishiro is fifth from the bottom, but I've learned that this position or "rank" has no relevance on the board itself; I had absolutely no affiliation with Borderworld Exports, but then after losing my affiliation with ALG Waste Disposal it was randomly chosen as my new affiliation.

Even if I go and mess up my reputation with Borderworld Exports, it won't help my cause any. Also, I've done a ton of missions, and after a certain point (once you've reached the highest relationship possible via the meterbar), missions seem to become pointless and unhelpful (they aren't giving me affiliation, since usually the guys I'm killing are also enemies with whoever I'm affiliated with, and thus I gain positive influence with them by default and it's unavoidable).

How can I get the bloody Kishiro tag? I want it, and by this point I bloody DESERVE that g'damn tag. Please, help. Can I just continue to do missions mindlessly to solve my problem? How long will that take..? I spent many hours doing it earlier and to no avail.

Xenos were neutral to me for the longest time, but I started shooting them and it helped my reputation with Kishiro. Problem is, it helps everyone else who hates the Xenos aswell, and this my dillemma; after a certain point it seems as if I'm just wasting my time, and that some tags are just impossible to get.
have you been doing missions for Kishiro?
For you the best would be to set all the friendly factions to neutral (white). Take missions of the green ones and abort them til your rep is neutral. Don't fulfil missions and don't shoot NPC's. As soon as all the friendly factions were becoming neutral, move to a Kishiro base. Take missions from them and fulfil them this time.
Voila Kishiro TAG.

Respectful
AoM
Pages: 1 2