Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Y'know what...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Let me tell you a little story about what happened today in new york. It's highly improbable and I can't see the reasoning behind it. This confuses and annoys me.

I hear about a rheinland battleship in new york, so I log on my seige cruiser thinking "Heh... moron. Coming on his own to new york of all places in a giant death-trap."

I find that this battleship is not alone, and has seemingly allied himself with an OC dread, and a group of pirate gunboats/fighters/bombers along the west point/norfolk lane.

This, I think... is a bit stupid.

Question is this:

Why does everyone feel the need to behave like a total lolwut moron the second they step inside liberty? Causing multi-faction ganks on people who work their asses off to try and maintain a degree of sanity in the system and are often hated on for being "gankers" partially off the back of the actions of a few navy caps with a poor attitude, and partially because when you have 10892649182649124 pirate gunboats coupled with an OC dread and an RM BS, I feel pretty damned vindicated in using overwhealming force to get rid of the giant amalgam of stupid which I see infront of me.

This totally nonsensical bashing on the lawful factions in liberty as a discovery past-time confuses me a lot. It's not unusual I'll hear people saying:

"Massive rheinland fleet in texas with three battleships, 6 pirate gunboats in NY and I'm alone on a cruiser someone please halp fast."

What can I do about this?

Here's what I'd like to see...

When you see a bunch of pirates in NY, don't go "Oh now would be the perfect time to raid NY with my RM BS", instead try logging on a guardian and try fighting the gunboat swarm, while I log an RM BS and make a totally oorp alliance with the pirates just to piss you off. You think you'll enjoy that?

Thought not.

This is me raging. Deal with it.
Was there. Agreed. That was totally...wierd.
My official position:

Why not?
Cause it WRONG
Because of the following.

- It makes no RP sence.
- It annoys everyone.
Quote:My official position:

Why not?

Why not? Because this is a game and some people actually like to play it decently? Because the [LN] Faction tries hard to keep the odds even and the place clean and then some idiotic *******s bunch up against LN because it's "fun to kill LN lol" and then attack with overwhelming odds and then run like a hurt pansy back to the sun?

Just because you can, doesn't mean you do mate. Get that very clear. And next time I'll show up in Rhienland with a couple of Dreads, and get some criminals in Rhienland to help me gank a few [RM]. What the hell?
In my personal opinion, you maybe just need a break. Maybe I'm too decentralized or something, but stuff like that doesn't bother me at all, I find it funny, no matter what side I am.
joe, in all hosety, i doubt that most of the people in that crowd even read the forum.
I was one of the pirates(OC bomber to be precise).. But No Idea where the OC dread came from...

EDIT : And about the RM BS.. It was called by joker but we werent really expecting it to come..

It was called because

We had : 2 Tridentes, 2 Falcats
LN had : 1 Dreadnought, 1 Carrier, 3-4 Fighters, 1 Bomber, 1 Gunboat.....

Some Balance there
Quote:In my personal opinion, you maybe just need a break. Maybe I'm too decentralized or something, but stuff like that doesn't bother me at all, I find it funny, no matter what side I am.

Maybe I do. and if stuff like this keeps happening... Maybe I need a permanent one. Don't get me wrong, I actually survived the entire ****fest, but it was still quite wrong...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13