Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirate ID + Prison Liner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why is the combination mentioned in the topic title not allowed?
At first glance I don't see anything that would cause unbalance.

Yes, what I'd like to do is to use this ship for piracy.
Human theft infact. And credits if the cargo doesn't consist of people.

Slave liner could do as well but I find it much more OP than prison liner.

Reasoning for this? I want diversity, thus I don't want to be the average cargo pirate using Pirate Transport.
It's the only generic unlawful transport that has a CD.
I don't feel like writing a novel to get this ship either, I prefer in-game roleplay.
It's because the prison liner is a lawful-ish vessel. Pirates do not usually transport prisoners. Using liners for piracy is fairly pointless as well: they don't have the firepower to blow apart a transport in one pass, and their turning radius is so poor that any transport thrusting directly at, and past you, will be out of TCD range even by the time you are turned around, if they keep thrusting away (and will engage cruise once they are 2.5K from you, which takes roughly 15 seconds). And they are hopeless once bombers, smart fighters, or even gunboats start to show.
' Wrote:It's because the prison liner is a lawful-ish vessel. Pirates do not usually transport prisoners.

The Outcasts sell it. Prison Liner is exactly what fits.
Pirate for human cargo, keep them as prisoners and sell them as slaves. If target does not carry human cargo, pirate for credits.
Did you or did you not read anything else except the topic title?

' Wrote:Using liners for piracy is fairly pointless as well: they don't have the firepower to blow apart a transport in one pass, and their turning radius is so poor that any transport thrusting directly at, and past you, will be out of TCD range even by the time you are turned around, if they keep thrusting away (and will engage cruise once they are 2.5K from you, which takes roughly 15 seconds). And they are hopeless once bombers, smart fighters, or even gunboats start to show.

So? I'm doing it for the roleplay.
I get blown up? Doesn't matter.
My target escapes? Better luck next time.
My first priorities in this server isn't maximising income or hunt blue messages. Surprising, huh?

Thank you for the reply regardless, at least we can now focus on something more relevant.
Slaver ID ....

But forgot about cargo and credits, only human cargo piracy...which could suit your needs.
' Wrote:Slaver ID ....

But forgot about cargo and credits, only human cargo piracy...which could suit your needs.

Perhaps, but I see people carrying human cargo only on rare occasions and as I couldn't demand credits,
it would leave me sitting on my hands most of the time.

Also, I don't want my pirate to be picky either.
He and his crew prefer human cargo, but credits or anything that fits inside the ship will do as well.

If admins happen to read this thread, what would the requirements be to be allowed to use a Prison Liner under Pirate ID?
Regarding SRPs.
Corsair ID....

And you got it.

...just the same why Mercs can't have Liners.....

Believe me I tried...
The Outcasts, and likely the Corsairs too will sell these because they have their own empires, laws, and by virtue of having laws, lawbreakers that need to be imprisoned (or in their cases, sent to forced labor facilities). The prison liner is -not- a vessel designed for offensive action. Heck, the same can be said for all liners. What you want to do can just as easily be done using a slave liner (which you can RP to be a prisoner ship, or vessel designed to forcefully, and unlawfully, imprison passenger cargo).

Just trying to give you some tips here to work with you. If the ID says you can't use it, you'd need an SRP request to override it. And those are sadly, closed.
' Wrote:Corsair ID....
And you got it.

No thanks, I wish to remain non-affiliated.

' Wrote:The Outcasts, and likely the Corsairs too will sell these because they have their own empires, laws, and by virtue of having laws, lawbreakers that need to be imprisoned (or in their cases, sent to forced labor facilities).

True, but that makes the ship available to other unlawfuls as well when proper conditions are met.

' Wrote:The prison liner is -not- a vessel designed for offensive action. Heck, the same can be said for all liners. What you want to do can just as easily be done using a slave liner (which you can RP to be a prisoner ship, or vessel designed to forcefully, and unlawfully, imprison passenger cargo).
Perhaps it's not designed for such, but who says I am not allowed to be creative?
Not all ships of the same class are -exactly- the same. What about in-roleplay modifications with proper justifications?
I want the ship itself, the prison liner. If I wanted any other I would not have made this topic. How can I explain it so you can understand it as well?
That logic is unremarkably annoying. "olol why u take dis ship u can do it wit that 2".

' Wrote:Just trying to give you some tips here to work with you. If the ID says you can't use it, you'd need an SRP request to override it. And those are sadly, closed.
Tips are appreciated, but stop lecturing me of something I already know.
Did I ever ask whether SRP was necessary to get this ship or not? No.
What I asked was why isn't this ship allowed for use under Pirate ID, because in my opinion it should be.
Read my posts again I have by now explained my point as well as I can in English.
The reason it isn't allowed on the Pirate ID is because the Prison Liner is a beast. In a Pirate Transport, a trader at least has a chance to overpower a pirate. In a Prison Liner, a trader has no chance. If given an equal ground, the Prison Liner wins. Everytime. Why is this? Well, it has 30,000 more armor than the Container Transports, with just as many forward firing weapons as they can fire in any direction with a CD and a CM. It's simply a beast of a ship (and I love it). Then we can get into the fact that your average pirate probably couldn't get his hands on it...

The Junker ID allows is, however this leaves you to pirating where it makes sense for someone with an unaffiliated prison liner to pirate. If this doesn't suit you, file an SRP.
Pages: 1 2