Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bonds between alts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just reading a sanction topic about a certain player being exiled from Liberty. In one of his posts he wrote that his pirating victim was saying something about his alternate char being friendly to his pirate char or something like that. That reminds me something that I came across a month ago or so.

I was pirating a lane with my hacker char and my friend supporting me with his outcast char. Suddenly a Shetland came by. So I stopped him and confirmed that he was with Bowex IFF and ID. So we started to do what pirates have to do. Suddenly he starts talking to my outcast friend. He asked: "Do you know this char named (I don't enter the name)". He said that this is his other char - an outcast and my friend cannot attack him. We had a group WTF-moment. Then he said that my friend is a traitor and we were even more petrified. Then we repeated our demands and since he did not comply, we took him down.

Then afterwards the guy pmed my friend and said that if my friend was ever gonna enter Omicron Alpha, he'll make sure that my friend dies.

So did we overlook something when pirating this guy? Is it sensible RP-wise that you have alternate characters "bound" to each other by a connection? How far could this "bond" go in RP? And finally... does it make sense that a Bowex char calls an Outcast a traitor (in the outcast point of view) for killing him?
metagaming, oorp revenge, call it whatever you want - a very stupid thing to do. you as a player need to separate the knowledge your characters possess.

it reminds me of batteships hunting me down because i killed the player's miner half an hour ago.
It's completely oorp. Just continue pirating him and lulz in your head.

' Wrote:I was just reading a sanction topic about a certain player being exiled from Liberty. In one of his posts he wrote that his pirating victim was saying something about his alternate char being friendly to his pirate char or something like that.

Also, the ship the victim was being pirated in and the ship the victim mentioned were different ships, BUT they were flown by the same character. I see it as being inRP. The shetland thing and his outcast are different ships, but flown by different characters. See the difference?
Your story: Bowex guy and his OC friend- two ships flown by two different people

Story mentioned in saction: Two ship but both flown by one pilot.
Look at it this way, IRL you can have a Tabant and a Ferrari in your garage and you can drive both...

See the difference?
I usually remind them that there are ways to show one's affiliation, including IFF, ID or at least a sample of cardi in hold.

Than I shoot them for trying to misguide me.

I also bet the 101 would gladly exile any Outcast who attacks their allies in the name or revenging a Bowex trader.
Quote:I also bet the 101 would gladly exile any Outcast who attacks their allies in the name or revenging a Bowex trader.

This.
So technically if I fly for example a Thresher and a Manta and I play it the way that the Manta pilot is actually the captain of the Thresher crew, it is justified?
Generally yeah.

Just make sure your Outcast Trident captain doesn't magically know things your BH should know.
Quote:So technically if I fly for example a Thresher and a Manta and I play it the way that the Manta pilot is actually the captain of the Thresher crew, it is justified?
In my opinion, yes, it is. The manta pilot is the same as the Thresher captain, so he will have had the same experiences. Also, it would be kind of strange if the pilot didn't know that he had a Thresher when he's piloting his manta and vice versa. However, this does not allow you to break the 4 hour rule if you have multiple ships.
My two characters have known each other for a long time, it's even mentioned in the unpublished bio... The reasons were that they used to fly both in one ship for various reasons and it could (and have) create quite interesting situations. For example, a friend of one shots the other one's ship (not knowing the two know each other, of course). Next time when one and his friend meet, the relations is way different.
Of course I didn't use this fact to hunt down the other one's killer, I don't really care about deaths since my ship is magically rebuilt in the station where I was before.

Any problems with that?
Pages: 1 2