Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello and Good Day To All!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Everyone,

I bought my copy of Freelancer when I was still a part of the US peacekeeping force in Bosnia in 2003. I played it for a few months while still on deployment and came home to be a part of a few different multiplayer communities off-n-on for two years. That was when I was deployed to Iraq and played it solo for a while more. I let it lie for a few years and now I find this mod! :yahoo:

I'm a grad student in Minneapolis, Minnesota and am active in the Taiko drumming community here. I work for the State and am learning the new position that I'm in. I also do quite a bit of leatherworking to include a build of the Tron: Legacy costume for the release in December.

I've done a lot of tabletop RP going back to the 80's and quite a bit of play-by-post while I was deployed -- twice. I'm curious to see how this all works and fits together. I looks really interesting!

Merry met and peace to you all. Look forward to great RP and conversations soon. :laugh:

Awesome, the UURich name got GMG|s attention :laugh:

Welcome to Disco!

Read the rules, get involved and you'll fit in fine.
' Wrote:Awesome, the UURich name got GMG|s attention.

Welcome to Disco!

Read the rules, get involved and you'll fit in fine.

Glad to hear I garnered some attention from the get-go. I'm reading the rules and they say there are quite a few. I'll certainly get used to them and write up a Bio for a character before I start looking at factions. :D

This is a new handle that I have been using for a little while now. Partially my name, partially an ethic.

Thanks so much!
Hey there, nice little description of your self there, please read the rules if you have questions you can either PM me and i can try and help you:Dor better yet try the "Angels" and most importantly have fun.
Welcome to disco bro.
Hey, welcome, don't stay in Liberty -too- long, or your soul gets corrupted and you're on the way to hell, blah blah blah. :crazy:
' Wrote:Hey, welcome, don't stay in Liberty -too- long, or your soul gets corrupted and you're on the way to hell, blah blah blah. :crazy:

I hear you. I have a feeling that I want to look toward the Lane Hackers, Pirates or somesuch. It is a deviant from my usual skillset in grad school through realted to my former vocation. :tease:This server is playing different than Berlin but I was only on for just a few minutes.

Thanks for the kind comments and I hope to see you out there but not on opposite sides. :cool:
' Wrote:Hey there, nice little description of your self there, please read the rules if you have questions you can either PM me and i can try and help you:Dor better yet try the "Angels" and most importantly have fun.

Thanks for the compliment. I try to lay myself out there a little bit and let people know. I updated my profile too with more information that I didn't include here. Real awesome sigs so far. I'm going to have to step up my game once I side with someone. :laugh:
Welcome to Discovery.

We're a little odd here, but you'll get used to it (Or go mad. It gets difficult to tell after a while.) I know what you mean with Sigs, I've been trying a few (most of which are resigned to the proverbial garbage) nice work on yours though, I like it.

Anyway; hope you enjoy yourself! See you in space.
' Wrote:We're a little odd here, but you'll get used to it (Or go mad. It gets difficult to tell after a while.) I know what you mean with Sigs, I've been trying a few (most of which are resigned to the proverbial garbage) nice work on yours though, I like it.

The artwork is from Macross Frontier which is an Anime, a part of the whole Macross millieu that I really enjoy. I hung out on the Palladium Books RPG website and I got annoyed with the guy who had the original sig so I spoofed it. :DThe other one I was running for a while was this one:

[Image: cowfarm.jpg]

I enjoy Photoshop and Illustrator when I design stuff for my sitdown games but I could only hope to aspire to something as cool as the ones that I see around here.

Yeah, I'm exploring and reading up the best that I can. Looking at faction descriptions and where I may want to land. Thanks for the warm welcome. :cool:
Pages: 1 2 3