Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: When RolePlaying hurts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last night I was happily touring the space lanes around the Fort Bush area with my Liberty Rogue, shooting up NPC freighters and stealing the nice, bits that would resell for a decent amount, when I saw a rather nice transport ship. I thought that looks nice and flew over for a closer look. It was a Player piloted ship and I flew along side to open comms and chat about his ship, when BANG, I am dead! I had been blown apart by the Fort Bush defences!

What? Then it suddenly occoured to me. I had acted as though I was flying my lawful trader personna and forgotten that I was in my Liberty Rogue personna! :$

I freely admit that I am an idiot and thouroughly deserve to have been blown up for doing such a stupid thing. Am I the only one who does such things, or do others out there sometimes forget who you are supposed to be?
Sometimes, I forget that I'm not my Rogue, and almost start to make demands when I meet people. It's the worst when I'm trading with my Bowex and run across an IND. I'll have a line of hostile bile half ready to sling when I realize that I'm in a Shetland. I can't hurt anything and I'm not on my Rogue.
Almost yelled out I destroyed a Dread to the LNS on my Junker, thinking I was on my Hacker.
Not around Fort Bush, no. I'm too busy flying around it provoking navies to shoot CDs at me.
Maybe that part of my problem is that I do my 'pirating' in a Bactrian.

I know, I know, it is not your normal 'stop or I shoot' type of ship, but it is great fun to use. The 4 Sammael guns up front can ruin your day if you decide not to pay up, plus it has a hold big enough to store all the Bounty Hunters who come up behind me without considering what 4x class 5 turrets can do to them and since you can get 12k a time for BHs, it is quite profitable! I can make a decent living in it by just drifting around, using it as bait to attract them!

Besides, the 530 ton cargo hold is useful for smuggling or transporting a decent number of slaves during those quiet periods.
Hm... not really, not anymore. I think one time I almost started to pirate a trader on my Freelancer when I was still new, but that was mostly because my freelancer also had a Sabre and was a fairly new char.

Now my characters are all very different, most of the time I'm so caught up in their individual way of thinking that I couldnt slip into another "mode" easily.
Almost took my IMG transport to Crete, thinking I was flying my Zoner transport...

But actually ... I never made such mistakes, besides thinking about them.
I keep pressing cruise disruptor key on my mastodon and drool when I see an IND.
>.> I made an embargo related cargo stop for a junker carrying superconductors in Texas... in my Ptrans full of Blood diamonds
i once had a gunboat and a train with similar names... and i logged into my train and started making demands from a pirate...

he looked at me a little funny and said...

you gonna attack me in that train?

//ahh crud. im on the wrong character. looks like you get a free pass for the day!
Pages: 1 2