Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Politicical oddities.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I see all these political threads, the ordeal between the BAF and the Mollys, and the Xenos' plight. But something just occurred to me in the grand scheme of things:

They just will **** themselves over.

By forming a ceasefire with the BAF, the Mollys are no longer Mollys. They want to make Dublin a sovereign system? Then what? Incorporate themselves into society without facing charges for being TERRORISTS!? So let's say they hypothetically manage to gain Dublin as their own and forge it into a self sustaining system that uses gold exports to gain income to import basic goods for survival. They're still criminals. Will Bretonia honestly pardon them? Just allow these murderers and pillagers to continue on in their meager existence?

Same goes for Xenos. By submitting to any form of government, they're only willingly surrendering. Criminals can't vote, so using the government to appeal to them is utterly useless. Even if they are satisfied, they'll try and integrate and instead be faced with their crimes against Liberty in a court of law. You don't get away with destroying corporate property, murdering foreign citizens, and assaulting lawful forces with military-grade hardware. It just doesn't work that way.

So this is what I'm asking:

Why are you doing this? Why not continue to fight? It's all you can do to make a change. If you stop fighting, you surrender and are at the mercy of those who you sought to bring down.
There have been many times when "criminals" have gained the power to control government and were actually "pardoned", per se, because they were recognised as the new authority. Say the Molly's get Dublin and Bretonia says, "fine, go for it." The the mollys become the new governing body of that system and are the ones that make the laws. Its like the first continental congress, they were all traitors to be hung. Yet once america became America, they were no longer criminals.
' Wrote:There have been many times when "criminals" have gained the power to control government and were actually "pardoned", per se, because they were recognised as the new authority. Say the Molly's get Dublin and Bretonia says, "fine, go for it." The the mollys become the new governing body of that system and are the ones that make the laws. Its like the first continental congress, they were all traitors to be hung. Yet once america became America, they were no longer criminals.

So what happens is that they can become a political system that Bretonia still holds sour regards to?
' Wrote:By forming a ceasefire with the BAF, the Mollys are no longer Mollys. They want to make Dublin a sovereign system? Then what? Incorporate themselves into society without facing charges for being TERRORISTS!? So let's say they hypothetically manage to gain Dublin as their own and forge it into a self sustaining system that uses gold exports to gain income to import basic goods for survival. They're still criminals. Will Bretonia honestly pardon them? Just allow these murderers and pillagers to continue on in their meager existence?

*cough cough* READ USA'S HISTORY *cough cough*

But if you want a more intelligent answer, the Mollys probably wouldn't want recognize themselves anymore as Bretonians: instead, they'd try to call themselves an entirely-new house, so they would no longer be under the thumb of the government. They'll SEPARATE themselves from Bretonia to be able to shape their own destiny, just as how the Union Army that founded America wanted: to have a brand-new start away from England and be able to have their own place to call home because the motherland just became full of [A.D.M.I.N. censored]
First rule of maintaining exxcitement in a faction:

Never solve the faction's RP problems. You lose anyuthing to strive for. Take the xenos for example. You find a way to get them loads of allies and they manage to force the Libertonian government to adopt an isolation policy. YAY! XENOS WIN! But wait... what's this? No purpose to us existing any more you say? Oh hell, now we've really messed it up.

The same holds true for the Mollys. If you make it so they have nothing to strive towards, and achieve their ultimate goal, then the faction becomes incredibly boring.

Cease-fires with the Bretonians killed more Molly factions than I care to count... Seriously. Don't do it.
Joe said it. It's like SP, if you win, game over! No more reason to play! Unless it's only the first of many goals that have to be accomplished. A good faction keeps various opportunities open for pew pew (let's face it, it's the most major part of a faction staying alive) and RP.
The problem is that you (Shagohad) cannot roleplay?

As i can see you all put way too many real life things into this game, especially all the US stuff.

Igiss implemented a base story in this mod with enough opportunities for faction development.
Sadly UOG is no more.
' Wrote:Cease-fires with the Bretonians killed more Molly factions than I care to count... Seriously. Don't do it.

we are forced into one for 4.86,:rtfm:

and besides that, I havent fought Baffers since I started [MS]. (molly separatists)
that is because sairs and indy pirates are a bigger pain in the arse, same counts for those "indians"
' Wrote:First rule of maintaining exxcitement in a faction:

Never solve the faction's RP problems. You lose anyuthing to strive for. Take the xenos for example. You find a way to get them loads of allies and they manage to force the Libertonian government to adopt an isolation policy. YAY! XENOS WIN! But wait... what's this? No purpose to us existing any more you say? Oh hell, now we've really messed it up.

The same holds true for the Mollys. If you make it so they have nothing to strive towards, and achieve their ultimate goal, then the faction becomes incredibly boring.

Cease-fires with the Bretonians killed more Molly factions than I care to count... Seriously. Don't do it.

yes and no.
true, that the reason for the existence of faction is lost, but there are new goals, new reasons to fight. always is like this, if the opposition wins, it is no longer the opposition, but the government. and then have even more reasons to fight, and they often miss the time when were the opposition.

' Wrote:..that is because sairs and indy pirates are a bigger pain in the arse, same counts for those "indians"
' Wrote:we are forced into one for 4.86,:rtfm:

and besides that, I havent fought Baffers since I started [MS]. (molly separatists)
that is because sairs and indy pirates are a bigger pain in the arse, same counts for those "indians"

Hear hear, (cept for the <strike>odd</strike> frequent indie BAF whos just a side-ship for an equally indie BMM miner an doesnt want to pay his lisence)
Pages: 1 2