Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Do you like to lag?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was doing a peaceful mission in Omicron Alpha, when suddenly some of the enemies are ~2 ks away. I sit there wondering wtf happened, then realised that I had been hit by a terrible lag spike.
http://www.filepak.com/7/1_Temp_fl_lagout.jpg

I have been lagging very hard all afternoon, causing Titans to reverse at tradelane speed. Has anyone else been lagging lately?
My favourite part was when they started doing damage to me when I couldn't shoot back, hence the hull damage.

I had the same problem a few months ago but now I have no trouble.
At all and I'm interested too.
"What are you doing? Get back to the battle! You are to engage!"
You have -2684 seconds to return to the battle.
Mission failed (aborted).

That being said, your lag does look extremely bad. Try a /ping to determine if it's latency or packet loss.
Apparently I lag when I have a ping of 50, zero fluctuation and zero lag or loss. It doesn't even matter where I play on or what machine I play on.
' Wrote:Apparently I lag when I have a ping of 50, zero fluctuation and zero lag or loss. It doesn't even matter where I play on or what machine I play on.

''Oh my god, that's bull****, I would've won if you wouldn't lag, I hit you like 5 times with my Mini-razor!''

Rings a bell?
' Wrote:Apparently I lag when I have a ping of 50, zero fluctuation and zero lag or loss. It doesn't even matter where I play on or what machine I play on.
Could be your machine can't handle the load the game puts on your video card... although that's rare on multiple machines. What's the equalizing factor between the machines? Same internet connection? If so, check your router.
I was fulfill one missions about 1 hour when I was lagging
What's that fluct. thingy btw?
Cause loss. Loss:23%
' Wrote:What's that fluct. thingy btw?

I figure it's either dispersion or standard deviation of the ping value over a period the time in which the stats are measured.

Straws: It might have something to do with you being on the opposite side of the globe than the server is. That by itself wouldn't be as bad as the fact that there's some bottlenecks or chokepoints along the way, and some of your packets are dropped because of high traffic load in the area. It could be interesting for you to run some tracert in different times of day.

Actually, you could just PM me some IP addresses of your internet service provider, and I could gather some data, do a statistical analysis, tell you at which time it's (probably) best to play and why, and I will have rid myself of some work I have to do anyway. Interested?
Pages: 1 2