Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, Just started playing very recently, both the Freelancer single player and the Multiplayer.

This isn't the first time I've ever done RP, though. I've been playing Text-based games for a long time(MUSHes, MUD's, Tabletop RP like D&D, WoD, games like that.)

Just looking for good RP in a space opera setting and some good times.

I was wondering who I should go to in game for help in regards to the Freelancer game mechanics, however. I've done very little Single Player (About up to the point where you deal with Ashcroft, I think.)
Ah, well, from what I've seen, the people called the [Angels] are the go-to people for introductions to the way the server is managed and how the game works. What I'd advise if you're not overly familiar with the mechanisms is a bit of gentle trading though. If you can get some group convoys involved too, that should pretty much cover everything.

I'd be more than willing to help as well though, as I'm always looking for more people to trade with. If you want a Zoner Dromedary, just say the word and I'll send you some cash for it. (Not that there is an ulterior motive or anything, but I'm trying to get players involved with Freeport 10 in Tau 37. Like I said, no motive. Nope. None at all.:P)

Either way, good luck with your gaming!
Welcome to Discoland.

Now, you need to read the rules first, assimilate them.

Than, all you need is to get out of Liberty. Find a nice NPC/player faction wich suits you, you can have more than one char.

Create your char, what you think he is/will be, and start interactions with others.

If you find an Angel| in space, ask him for help, if not, ask around, not on system comms, PM them, use "/l message" command.

If you put your char name here, maybe someone can donate you some credits to get started.

And mostly,

HAVE FUN!!!
Grand welcome! The Space Opera stage can be found here to a certain extent but the storyline will be what you make of it. Generating that atmosphere is partially based on the community, partially based on the leads and partially based on the atmosphere.

I was on a number of WoD MUSH's back in the day so there may be a lack of intensity here, or at least I have never heard of there being anything on that level. There is a lot more space here and you're not confined to rooms and smaller environments. At least you don't have to here. :laugh:

Good luck in your foray!

UURich
I would recommend going trough the whole single player first and see how the mechanics work, uhm and then you can go to the help section here on the forums and ask all the questions you may have, that is a way to start. Also read the rules from "here" you can also ask questions about them as well, and also most importantly have fun!
' Wrote:Grand welcome! The Space Opera stage can be found here to a certain extent but the storyline will be what you make of it. Generating that atmosphere is partially based on the community, partially based on the leads and partially based on the atmosphere.

I was on a number of WoD MUSH's back in the day so there may be a lack of intensity here, or at least I have never heard of there being anything on that level. There is a lot more space here and you're not confined to rooms and smaller environments. At least you don't have to here. :laugh:

Good luck in your foray!

UURich
=WordsWordsWordsWords

Been there done that.

Also, IGN: Minh.

I'll be around, My Ping's rather high, though, due to living in the U.S, But I do what I can.

Thanks for the welcome.
Welcome, I'll look out for you in game. Also I suggest for you to complete the Singleplayer storyline, as it will give you a better feel for the game while playing, and a better idea of the Lore. Anywho, like I said, welcome, and most importantly have fun.

Contact me on any of the chars on my profile. Stay safe.

P.S Leave Liberty ASAP, you'll regret it if you don't.
' Wrote:=WordsWordsWordsWords

Been there done that.

Also, IGN: Minh.

I'll be around, My Ping's rather high, though, due to living in the U.S, But I do what I can.

Thanks for the welcome.

My ping is usually in the mid-100's. I'm also in the midwest and battling through the Election Day woes. We have a crazy system that culminates into what happens today. I shouldn't have assumed that the server was in the U.S.. :$

IGN: LH_Gail.Furst or UURich. I have to create a new sig soon.
Welcome to the disco!
Greetings friend and welcome to disco, *starts dancin'* , hope you have a fun time n' all...