Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Waiting for Woeismeday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
General Discussion
"A free forum for any sensible non-gaming topics"
Well.....and this.

For my fellow Americans who can't wait until Wednesday brings finality to this horror show that's been going on for months and months now and culminates tomorrow, on the first Tuesday in November,
I turn your attention to this bit of scantily clad levity:
A Nightmare on South Federal Highway
I think our founders must have really cackled over having us vote right after Halloween. Something like, politicians don't look so bad after all the ghosts, ghoulies, and goblins that just banged on our doors all night long demanding our goodies.

And don't forget to vote,
As often as they'll let you,
In as many polling places as will let you in the door.
Pulse optional, in Chicago, et al.
I would add a shameless plug here, but hey! I'm only running for alderman of a small hick town/city, and the chances of anyone else living here are 1-a very large number.
Even if i lose, i can still go back to infecting the minds of young ones with Great works of English Literature. OH NOES THE HORROR OUR CHILDREN MIGHT BE COMFORTABLE WITH BLACK PEOPLE.
That, by the way, is less of a troll, and more of a sad truth.
Screw rural Wisconsin.
ALSOEDIT: when you say horror show, do you mean politics as related to elections, or democrats?
' Wrote:Even if i lose, i can still go back to infecting the minds of young ones with Great works of English Literature. OH NOES THE HORROR OUR CHILDREN MIGHT BE COMFORTABLE WITH BLACK PEOPLE.
That, by the way, is less of a troll, and more of a sad truth.
Screw rural Wisconsin.
Rural Wisconsinites in 2010 have a problem with this? What can I say, in Florida, Wisconsin is just some cold state near Canada that churns out cheese with industrial regularity, not a hotbed of racial regressivism. Although I'm curious to know which works of English literature you use to cure such ills.
' Wrote:ALSOEDIT: when you say horror show, do you mean politics as related to elections, or democrats?
You must be the only politico in the lower 48 that hasn't robo-called me in the past month. I got two more while I was in the bathroom today taking care of the results of my kitchen table issues. Two. Not kidding. I can't wait to wake up Wednesday.

In other news, the inanity of this years political scandals is definitely a drain on the publishing industry. See, this is what happens when political sex is just no big deal anymore : it costs real people real jobs! Bill Clinton reportedly got the last laugh in today before the Chapter 13 proceedings began.

If you thought this was awesome

[Image: AB-GB-23439-L.jpg]

You're gonna love this

[Image: palin_bikini.jpg]
God help the USA (and I really mean that)
Hey Xoria, who you voting for? Rick Scott or Alex Sink? What about Rubio vs. Crist vs. Meek?

*rolls eyes*

Me, I'm so sick of it I can't wait til Wednesday too.
Is Dukakis running again this year?
It's a smidgen out of my district by about 1,500 miles, but hey, prop 19 ftw!!

Well. really only one county in Wisconsin, which, coincidentally, is one of the most conservative counties in the country. (And i don't mean Republican conservative. Republicans got NOTHING on Dodge county.)
And its more of a sort of pseudo-racism. Really kind of weird. Its like they hate JUST the general idea of black people, but are just fine with actual real-life "Hi, im <random person name here>, i just moved in down the street!" black people.
Really really weird.
Also, Clinton is a pimp. He gets votes for pure win.
EDIT:stupid pagestretcher.
EDIT: A good story.
I was driving down 41 in Milwaukee the other day, late at night, coming back from Six Flags Great America.
So, a friend wakes up(lazy dude) and is like OMG BLACK PEOPLE IS THIS A BAD PART OF TOWN?
First,i loled. Then i said, "No, this is 41 north. People dont get shot for at least ten block to the north. Besides, there aren't even any bars on the windows. This is a fairly nice part of the suburbs.
Then he freaked, and was like OMG OMG what the hell you mean, bars on the windows?
True story
' Wrote:Hey Xoria, who you voting for? Rick Scott or Alex Sink? What about Rubio vs. Crist vs. Meek?
I'll dodge that question more adroitly when I get home from the polls after work tonight. I just hope I see more than one other voter in my precinct, which was the case in the primary a few weeks ago.

It's seasons like this that I glory in my lack of cable access or even a television antenna.
And still they find you. Two phone calls today already. At least one of them was a real life red blooded American babe who sounded awfully cute. No idea what she said, though, due to the cell static other than "count on your vote today", but I just said "Yes" and hung up. Come to think of it, I probably would have said yes no matter what she asked.
Pages: 1 2 3 4